You are not a climber till ya climb a 5.12

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

like dhuff said. don't feel too bad. you probably don't have what it takes.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

Go to Chica Bonita, plenty of routes for you to take it easy or push yourself hard. Most of the routes there are really good.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

your original thinking was/is correct. below 5.12 is not considered climbing, so to ask for "climbs" below that level is non-sensical.

it is not that people can't climb 5.12..they just want the "cool" factor pf pretending to be a climber without the hard work. so your next step will be to cop an attitude and say numbers don't matter, you climb for self, you climb for fun, etc...

that being said...um, yeah...troll.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

horatio
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

whats that smell?
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

pigsteak wrote:your original thinking was/is correct. below 5.12 is not considered climbing, so to ask for "climbs" below that level is non-sensical.

it is not that people can't climb 5.12..they just want the "cool" factor pf pretending to be a climber without the hard work. so your next step will be to cop an attitude and say numbers don't matter, you climb for self, you climb for fun, etc...

that being said...um, yeah...troll.
I get a pass.... :)
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
RRO

Post by RRO »

Clevis Hitch wrote:whats that smell?
whiskey bottles, brand new cars and that oak tree thats in my way.....
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

I climb for myself, I climb for fun, numbers don't matter. I climb because climbing is better than getting blown up in some foreign country. Also, your really not a "climber" until you climb more than a pitch or two at a time.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You can climb two different pitches at the same time, damn. You are a real climber.
Living the dream
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Andrew wrote:You can climb two different pitches at the same time, damn. You are a real climber.
Shit, I do two different pitches at the same time, all the time. I knew Colorado would make me a better climber.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/colora ... /105744761
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham