You are not a climber till ya climb a 5.12

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
milspecmark

You are not a climber till ya climb a 5.12

Post by milspecmark »

So this is my second year of climbing and I am sadly starting to realize that I am not a climber yet. I keep reading on here that routes under a 5.12 are not considered climbs, but I sure do love them. I like to climb at roadside, phantasia, the zoo, miur valley, etc. I am not comfortable with Trad, but I love to sport climb. I climb with a group of people who can lead a 5.10c and others in the group will top rope it. I can lead a 5.9 and it gives me a great adrenaline rush. Anyway, as I comb through the guidebook I can see the options are endless for climbers who can climb a 5.12 and up. I also notice the ratings on climbs below a 5.12 are usually 2 or 3 stars only. My group is planning another trip to the red in July. I am looking for some of your favorite sport climbs below a 5.11. I want to try a new place/wall so I am looking for your ideas. Thanks
TradWanker

Post by TradWanker »

Dude, you're not a climber until Andrew says you are.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Truth
Living the dream
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Back Door to Paris (I think) - 5.10c - Long Wall
Return of the Manimal - 5.10b (I think) - Bruisebrothers
Sacriledge - 5.10d - The Arsenal

I'm surprised I can't think of more considering I've climbed like a couple hundred.
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

Toxic Avenger :twisted:
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
dynolikeArhino

Post by dynolikeArhino »

www.mountainproject.com

go to the bottom of the page and select the region, type of climb, grade, number of stars.
dhuff

Post by dhuff »

I hope you don't get down on yourself for not pulling down super hard; climbing .12 and up requires way more dedication and discipline than most are willing to put into it. Anyway, all the .10 sport routes at drive-by are good.
gripster

Post by gripster »

Creep Show, Hurt, Diamond in the Rough, Fire and Brimstone. There are really a lot of great routes under 5.11 that are also bolted in the gorge. You will have plenty of fun.
allen

Post by allen »

GALLERY - 27 years of climbing (5.8) A brief History of Climb (5.10c) HIDEOUT - Pre-emptive strike (5.10c)
Then again there's the fact that African swallows are non migratory...
toad857

Post by toad857 »

i second fire & brimstone--it will test your mental fortitude, as well as give you a really adventurous feeling.