insuring gear

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

yep. not going to go with an extra policy.

and i agree with bentley. life insurance will care if i climb - but since i don't have life insurance that's not really an issue.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
KD

Post by KD »

wise :)
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I've had my policy so long that my insurance agent said it would pay if I commited suicide while climbing. My children made me ask him. :roll: hee hee :P
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Winterstorm

Post by Winterstorm »

I've had my policy so long that my insurance agent said it would pay if I commited suicide while climbing. My children made me ask him. hee hee
ahhh...from the mouths of babes...
scars are tattoos with better stories
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Winterstorm wrote:
I've had my policy so long that my insurance agent said it would pay if I commited suicide while climbing. My children made me ask him. hee hee
ahhh...from the mouths of babes...
Hey, Honey!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
sunder

Post by sunder »

"to insure $4500 worth of gear it's $100/year premium & $100 deduct through a personal articles policy at state farm. "

WTF!!!! I just talked with my State Farm rep three weeks ago and they said that they will not insure climbing gear... and my best bet was to get renters insurance. Now i need to make sure it not depreciated coverage

Does anyone know of some companies that will do personal article insurance on 8k of climbing gear??? Also looking to insure my other outdoor gear and my kitesurfing crap!!!
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

State Farm. Keith Renfro's office. 859-278-8415.

incidentally i decided to increase my personal articles policy by $5000 and it only will cost me about $12/year more. so i'll have the higher deductible - but hopefully won't be needed. they write their policies as replacement (not depreciated value)
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun