Small car recommendations

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
kess

Post by kess »

This isn't necessarily a small car, but we took a 3.5 month road trip in a Chevy HHR (manual 2.4ltr). It worked out really well for us. We could sleep 2 in the back pretty comfortably, but we are both only 5'6". Maybe if you lay diagonally or put your feet through the middle of the front seats you could fit. We average about 28 miles to the gallon (hwy) and because it has a large tank we don't have to fill up very often. The ground clearance is pretty good and of course has plenty of room for packs.
GWG

Post by GWG »

I had a Honda Civic coupe, manual 5 speed, that got 38 mpg. It sucked to be the passenger in the back seat if I was driving since I needed to drive with my seat pretty far back. Plenty of room for gear.
Wes

Post by Wes »

ReachHigh wrote:I looked at the fit and it meets the hatchback and millage requirements. its a little small for a 6'1" guy to sleep in but I'll test drive one.
Just Sayin....

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtopic.php?t=10481
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Not a fan of slush boxes, I know the left foot is becoming a vestigial organ but I'm holding on to my stick.
:shock:
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
ScrmnPeeler

Post by ScrmnPeeler »

Manual Trans = fuel efficiency.

(And they cost less)
So, you're a feminist...isn't that cute.
norris

mike

Post by norris »

buy a element already
pru

Post by pru »

I'm facing the same dilemma. Son wants to buy the Outback, so I'm looking at a new car. I want small, fuel efficient, roomy w/ground clearance so I can make it to the southern region. It's fucking 2008, where are our Jetson-style personal jet packs already?

The Element gets crappy mileage, but otherwise looks like a fab choice
climbing is dumb

~ Sandy
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

I have an '09 S8 that just came in. It might be available for a day or two. All aluminum space frame construction for light weight and high strength, variable ride height air suspension and Quattro all wheel drive for those off road excursions, 450 hp V-10 from the Lamborghini Gallardo for those quick trips to the Red. Oh, and at least 40 smiles per gallon, maybe 50. Value priced at 112 thou, no side sticker. :)

Alternatively, I'd recommend the smallest hatchback Honda makes, whatever that might be. While we've done all the scheduled maintenance our '98 Accord has had only one actual "repair" in 119,000 miles. The brake master cylinder started to squeak at 30k and was replaced under warranty. Finally needed the brakes done (front only) last month for $149. That wouldn't cover an oil change for the Audi.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I actually though about an S3 for a while to replace the Saab.

Also anybody want a 94 Saab 900 Turbo? I'll see it cheap runs,strong engine good interior
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
pru

Post by pru »

anyone think a Mini Cooper can make the Lode Hill? :mrgreen:
climbing is dumb

~ Sandy