COME ON!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Do you love motivational screaming?

You may select 1 option

View results

kentuckysarah

Post by kentuckysarah »

I can't vote. Occasionally I like it, but only when I'm having difficulty or going through a tough section. I don't like to hear people yelling at me for the whole route or spraying beta at me. I lose focus and usually get irritated because I can't concentrate.
We're all in this together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears.

Old Crow Medicine Show
usccabum1985

Post by usccabum1985 »

I only like encouragement when I am bouldering. sometimes it helps when someone yells dont be a pussy, get it, stay tight... However if im on a route the only thing I will tollerage is a watch your leg or keep breathing. one thing I realy love is when someone sparks a bowl or joint becaus the smwll motivates me to send :mrgreen:
Kali Mist grows into tall, running, classically sativa plants with very few leaves. This strain produces dense clusters of full fluffy buds, producing much higher yields than you would expect.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I got to where I don't notice crowd noise, unless there is one guy whose voice rings above everyone else(as was the case today so we moved to another wall), but when someone is yelling at me or telling me how to climb a route, even when it's easy for me, I can't go into my "la la zone," which is where I am when climbing.
serial killer

Post by serial killer »

thats odd, it scares me a little bit when i look down and see my belayer hitting the bowl just as im pulling into the crux. but at least then they are not shouting crap at me when im climbing
"if your cold and need a blanket, somebody give em' a blanket; if you needs some socks, sombody give em' some socks; and if your holding...don't hold out."

YMSB
KD

Post by KD »

i'm just happy to get out there and climb whenever i can :) guess i'll take whatever i can get.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

KD, sorry brah....but it ain't climbing unless you hit the real stone at least once a week...might as well stay home, change hobbies, and start knitting.

usscbum..now why in the world would I think a bowl would motivate you.....lol
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
KD

beta

Post by KD »

I do knit - I just finished off an afghan ... and boy was he pissed
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

:lol:
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

about time for our liberal friends on here to call you out as a racist.

(don't worry..you are safe. they have situational ethics.)
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

While, I guess it can be annoying for some people, I *know* I have sent several problems/routes, only because the people I was with gave me a serious energy boost by yelling, laughing, heckling, etc while I was cruxing. Not sure if that counts as aid though.

It is also really cool to climb with a belayer that knows you (and the route) pretty well, who knows when to say the right thing, or to remind you of the jug coming up, etc.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda