Camera and climbing gear for sale

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Wes

Camera and climbing gear for sale

Post by Wes »

Hey, my dog, solar, was bitten by a rattlesnake today at the Bob Marley crag. Looks like he is going to make it, but if you could send some positive thougts his way so that he won't loose much tissue or his paw, we would be greatful. . So, I have some stuff to sell to take care of the bill, and for the future care he might need. All the stuff is *experenced*, but in good, day to day working order:

Gear has been sold, and thanks to the unbelievable kindness of the climbing community, I won't be selling my photo gear.

Thanks.

Wes
Last edited by Wes on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

That's terrible news Wes. My thoughts are with you and your pup! I hope he recovers quickly.
excellent point mia....you are correct. ~ Pigsteak
kentuckysarah

Post by kentuckysarah »

Sorry to hear about that. I hope everything goes well for Solar. Can I buy one of the #3 BD cams?
We're all in this together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears.

Old Crow Medicine Show
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

i'll take one also (that's the #3bd)
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

how much is the bill unless its personal is there some other way?
OB Juan

Post by OB Juan »

Wes, dude, I don't know you But I know how I love my dog and I know what itwas like when I had a passion for photography. There's gotta be a better way then selling your stuff.

I'd like to suggest that we as a community come up with a way to help out, climbers are climbers and we should stick together on the wall and off. Why not everybody who can chip in $10 or $20 bucks to a common goal. I don't know enough about who's who on the board or the logistics of getting the cash from A to B but if some on here does set it up I'll contribute!
Obcessed is what lazy people call those of us who are dedicated!
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I'm in the process of setting up a PayPal donation button for those interested in throwing some spare change Wes' way.

Solar and Blue were found by Wes in RRG and they almost didn't make it. They were in rough shape but Wes saved their lives. I think it would be great if folks could chip in what they can. Wes has done so much for so many people and never asks for anything. He's one of the most selfless and generous people I know. For those that have always wanted to say thanks to him for taking their photo, setting up TR's, giving them rides, or just by always being a positive presence, now's your chance.

Donation Button coming soon...
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Wes,

Count me in for 20 when the button is up. I hope the best for you dog.

lee
Can't we all just get along?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Just came back from the vet. Solar is doing OK. The swelling is down, and he is active and stuff. Still some worry about tissue damage in his toes/paw, but the vet was hopeful. Blue was/is having a pretty tough time without his brother, so I took him for a visit, and that seemed to help, though he super bored without his number one playing buddy.

Thanks for all the good vibes and offers to help. I am truelly blessed to have sooo many cool people around me. I feel unworthy for sure.

Wes
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

For those wanting to help out our dear friend Wes with the steep vet bills he has incurred from Solar's recent injury, you may go here: (The donation link has been removed as per Wes' request. Everyone's generosity has overwhelmed him and he wants to take care of the rest on his own. Thanks everyone!)

The bills are coming in around $1000 and if Solar loses his toe they'll be more. This donation button is only as a result of friends offering to help. In no way is this solicitation to give and no one should feel guilty for not giving. If you want to give, this is just a way.

Thanks,
Michelle
Last edited by Artsay on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.