Wilderness First Responder Course

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
weber

Wilderness First Responder Course

Post by weber »

Wilderness First Responder Course at Muir Valley

David Calvin of Indiana University will be conducting SOLO's Wilderness First Responder Course at Muir Valley from Saturday, March 8 through Sunday, March 16. Those who already have a WFR certification and who need to re-cert can also do so by attending March 8 through March 10 and then taking the exam. The price of the WFR course is $600. For more information, see http://www.soloschools.com/ or email dcalvin@indiana.edu.

So, now there are two WFR courses offered early next year in this area - one by SOLO at Muir Valley in the Gorge and one by NOLS-WMI at UK in Lexington (See previous posting in this "Climbing Community" forum). Both are excellent course providers. If you can't fit one into your schedule, perhaps the other will work for you.
Last edited by weber on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
ynp1

Re: Wilderness First Responder Course

Post by ynp1 »

Cool. Is there a typo in the last part? Is SOLO or NOLS doing one at muir in March? Thanks for the info.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
WCSART

Post by WCSART »

ynp1 wrote:Cool. Is there a typo in the last part? Is SOLO or NOLS doing one at muir in March? Thanks for the info.
I believe it was. The course in Lexington is a NOLS-WMI course while the course at Muir is a SOLO course.
weber

Post by weber »

WCSART wrote:
ynp1 wrote:Cool. Is there a typo in the last part? Is SOLO or NOLS doing one at muir in March? Thanks for the info.
I believe it was. The course in Lexington is a NOLS-WMI course while the course at Muir is a SOLO course.
Typo corrected. Thanks.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Is there a big difference between the courses? Does one look better then the other when it comes to a resume? I had my WFR through NOLS for 6 years, but like the idiot that I am I let it expire and I need to do the full course again. No big deal, but it is pricey.

Thanks for the info!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
weber

Post by weber »

Bum

Post by Bum »

For those needing JUST the RECERT, EKU will be hosting Jan 10th-12th.
http://www.nols.edu/portal/wmi/courses/8347/
weber

Post by weber »

The WFR Course planned for in March in Muir Valley has been CANCELLED and replaced by a WFR Course in June 2014. See here for details: http://www.muirvalley.com/untitled-37.html