Ken-Tex BBQ = Après Climbing Nutrition

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Cromlech

Ken-Tex BBQ = Après Climbing Nutrition

Post by Cromlech »

About two years ago, I decided to stop and try a BBQ-shack as an alternative to the ubiqutious food-chains along I-64.

Ken-Tex BBQ has become our après-climbing food stop every Sunday evening on the way back to Chicago from the Red. Their sliced beef Sandwich laced with their hot BBQ sauce served with two sides is fantastic.

If you haven't tried their meaty-goodness, I highly recommend Ken-Tex as part our your post-send recovery regime...mmm-BBQ.

Ken-Tex
(502) 633-2463
1163 Mt Eden Rd, Shelbyville, KY 40065
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/kentex.shtml

Directions: From I-64 take exit 35 and go 1miles north on KY53. The restaurant in on the right.

Are there other non-chain food stops that shouldn't be missed?

PLJ
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

You can go to another Miguel's (Mexican) in Frankfort. It sits right on the exit (the first one coming from Lex).

We like one of the Mexican restaurants in Stanton (not Cancun - the one on the way to Kroger). The chicken enchiladas verdes is pretty good.

Kathy's Country Kitchen is gaining in popularity. It's in Clay City. Go to the Clay City/Irvine exit and go toward DQ. Turn left at the light and immediately right into the parking lot.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

though I'm a PBR and Starburst man I can second the Ken- Tex BBQ but I'll usually go porky- thanks for the local tips Meadows- you soo purdy
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Thanks for the review Cromlech, I've driven past that place a lot visiting family and always wondered if it was any good.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
tambo2

Post by tambo2 »

I'm so glad that I live in a place that is recommended to others (not in the BBQ shack, but the grand metropolis, Shelbyville).
Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

Meadows, thanks for the recommendations, PLJ
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

purple cow in beatyville is good as well. take main street and its on the right, good burgers, fries, etc.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
krampus

Post by krampus »

aren't kountry kitchens usually supportive of the KKK. It seems I see a lot of them with just two K's in the title as though they are trying to be inconspicuous. Maybe that's just a myth, does anyone know?
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared