online guide - feature requests

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
Paul3eb

online guide - feature requests

Post by Paul3eb »

let's have some requests for features to be added to the online guide.. and nothing lame! lame being crap like "oh, change the link colors" or "the link for x is broken" or "can we have a forum for singles". those are lame and irrelevant to this thread..

good examples:
ho's request for images of the route on hover
better navigation through regions > walls > routes
ajax
random route generators
tag cruxes in pictures.. etc..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I'd like to be able to filter my spray from the advanced search results. :D Something like:

Josephine

Post by Josephine »

how about and option for "dog friendly" places. (ie. leave out muir valley and torrent)
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

i second bcombs request. another one that i think would be nice is something that filters stuff that has been added since the last printed guide book.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
izonjt

Post by izonjt »

pawilkes wrote:Something that filters stuff that has been added since the last printed guide book.
^^ +1, though it's not much more than simply setting the date range in the search. But then again, it would be useful if the search actually returned something for me. I swear Crossroads has more routes besides A1A.

It's nice to see what's being put up and where; get an idea of where the development is currently at.
Sandman

tick list

Post by Sandman »

maybe a way to add multiple routes quickly to your tick list, because i was gonna make one, but visiting each route page is waaayy to time consuming(im real busy at the office)
I was thinking a page for each style and grade(i.e. 5.11bsport) with a list of all routes in that genre, and boxes you check for each route you've done then update that grade all at once
Its all about Style....
captain static

Post by captain static »

On the spray page add a "find username" box.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

On the advanced search page (in bcombs' pic above), I'd like an "uncheck all" option. It's always been a pain to uncheck all of those manually when I want to do a search.

Also, I really like how on the Index page you can click a letter and it takes you to the route names with that first letter. Would be great for this to be available for searching for Walls too.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Wes

Re: tick list

Post by Wes »

Sandman wrote:maybe a way to add multiple routes quickly to your tick list, because i was gonna make one, but visiting each route page is waaayy to time consuming(im real busy at the office)
I was thinking a page for each style and grade(i.e. 5.11bsport) with a list of all routes in that genre, and boxes you check for each route you've done then update that grade all at once
You might work out some kind of new user wizard for people just starting a tick list. Once you have most of the routes in, it isn't a big deal to add them the way it is now, but adding 200+ routes in one session can take awhile!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

How about saving the print settings in the PDFs so they print booklet style, ergo more environmentally friendly? If doing presets is available.