Lower region

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
elcapitan1974

Lower region

Post by elcapitan1974 »

If you are headed towards the Lower region the next few days, make sure you have a chain saw. There were four down falls we had to cut up yesterday on 9B, just to get to Dip wall. There were several more looking like they might be trouble after this ice!
stoned monkey
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Washboard and Practice Wall at Muir had a lot of small pines down on the trail too. It was a real adventure on Sunday.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Adventure going to Practice Wall? Try crossing the Funk Rock creek barefoot... Now that was an adventure. More like an experiment in hypothermia. :wink:
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

bcombs wrote:Adventure going to Practice Wall? Try crossing the Funk Rock creek barefoot... Now that was an adventure. More like an experiment in hypothermia. :wink:
i did that right after i was coming back from an ankle injury so i had to go extra slooooowly. i was not a happy person after standing in that water for so long!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

You are relating adventure to difficulty and exposure. I don't call difficulty and exposure fun, or and adventure.
I was relating adventure to fun.
I would call doing something exposed and difficult achievement.
In that way I would say you did achieve more by going to Funk Rock in the cold. I still had to crawl over and under lots of downed trees with snow in them though.
Myke Dronez

Post by Myke Dronez »

whatahutch wrote:I don't call difficulty and exposure fun, or and adventure.

ghey AND grammatically incorrect.
The only escape is up.
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Myke Dronez wrote:
whatahutch wrote:I don't call difficulty and exposure fun, or and adventure.

ghey AND grammatically incorrect.
Just think, I am an Eglish majer.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Sorry, I must have misunderstood. I was thinking... "Adventure? Like you missed the wooden sign pointing to the crag and got lost?"... I'm sure there's more the story than that! :)
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

this post got hijacked by weirdness!
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Adventure, difficulty, exposure to elements, near death falls, avalanche, all are important components for an EPIC journey which always ended up as a profitable book and slide tour during the 70-80's. Go for it.