Muir Valley Topos

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

I love Muir Valley. I bet this spring is going to be gorgeous down there. Lots of area for wildflowers, we saw massive groups of salamander eggs last weekend, and I don't think it's been farmed for many years and it's probably been twenty or thirty years since it was last logged. Not good for much but climbing, I'd say!
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Hey Rick, I'm also an experienced skidloader/backhoe operator so if you need someone for that, give me a holler.

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
ABACUS

Post by ABACUS »

All of the bolting that is going on.. is it done with Plated steel or SS bolts? Just curious..
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

BTW, that's not a big snapping turtle. We caught one with a net in a small pond on my grandma's farm that was over 2ft across the shell, side to side. That thing could break a stick bigger than my thumb with seemingly no effort. We just moved it to a bigger pond a LOT further from the house.

From what I've heard they're not very good eating. Those big soft shell turtles are the good ones.

J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Yeah, I ate some giant sea turtle meat when I was in the Cayman Islands. It was delicious!
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Yesterday I noticed that the new Black Diamond catalog had a rad photo of a route from Muir Valley. There was also a gorgeous "unnamed" route from the Gallery.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

Mental note, get the new BD cataloge this afternoon....
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
ABACUS

Post by ABACUS »

Whats so great about "The Great Wall" in Muir? did i miss the rest of it? I will say the Sanctuary is impressive.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

ABACUS wrote:Whats so great about "The Great Wall" in Muir? did i miss the rest of it? I will say the Sanctuary is impressive.
What's so great? The huge amount of very good quality climbs, that's what!