Climbing photo thread, volume 1

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Great pics, Wes!

That's Jen Sauer and they're at Purgatory.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

OK I thought that might have been Jen - I haven't seen her in a long while... - again, nice stuff! Thanks for the info
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

Wes did you stick clip up dracula to get those shots on Pardise Lost? i got some pretty sweet picks from up there last fall, they look alot like the ones you took of jen
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Wes

Post by Wes »

So, are you saying I couldn't have just climbed it to hang a line? Actually, those are all from the ground, just picking good angles from nearby boulders and stuff. Then best angle is from the fixed line and the tree, but after the big fall I took, trusting an older fixed line just seemed harder then usual...
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

after watching kenny climb that route, i'd be impressed, no amazed, if you could climb that thing. it looks crazy hard. i stick clipped up it with a grigri to get some pictures.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Wes, how could you have allowed them to climb that without a pink rope and vibrant clothes!?! :lol:

I'm glad someone asked about where you were shooting from - I haven't been out to Purgatory, but I assumed that you were hanging on a route to the side. What sort of focal length are you using for those shots - I'm guessing 70-150mm?
Bacon is meat candy.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Great pics Wes...especially of Dakota. She's so cute!!!!!
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Wes

Post by Wes »

Does anyone else ever take photos at the crag???

tomdarch, You can sometimes get OK shots without hanging from a rope if you have a little bit of a hill or boulder or something.

Photo beta from yesterday: Canon 20D with a canon 70-200 f2.8 L lens. Shot at f2.8, around 1/400sec depending on the shot, and iso 800-3200 (the light was really low). Basic post processing with CS2.

A few more...

spuzo

Post by spuzo »

Is that JR? I didn't know he climbed.... :shock:

Some one tell him we said HEY and give him a nice pat on the buttocks for me...um, I mean for Joe..... :wink:
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
Wes

Post by Wes »

kato wrote:Wes, when are you going to get yourself published?
The article on the red in gripped has one of my photos in it. So, I am offically published now. So, this means fame, forture, and glory are just around the corner now. Right???