Just a little FYI

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yep, except all they know how to do is change grams into ounces and back again. Does that calculater tell how many grams in a 8-ball or quarter ounce? :wink:

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
vic

Post by vic »

Terry... would you like to add anything about cms vs. inches?
LMAO :mrgreen:
! Enough with all that detestation ALREADY !
Smile & be thankful for what you have.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

don't forget the Nasa screw up on the Hubble do to the failure to convert systems, crazy man
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Crankmas wrote:don't forget the Nasa screw up on the Hubble do to the failure to convert systems, crazy man
I still can't believe that anyone associated with a space project was allowed to use any non-metric units at all. It really would be interesting to find out how inches-feet-miles snuck in there in the first place. (Maybe it was some old crumudgeon engineer/project manager?)
Bacon is meat candy.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

how true, if they were using metric exclusively it would have saved a boat load of money-but instead it was the King James to Ebonics meltdown
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

Wes wrote:Yep, except all they know how to do is change grams into ounces and back again.
Wes
Well that's more than I could do in high school...or now. They would have at least passed 9th grade math...
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
no grain

Post by no grain »

I have been in Australia for a bit over a month now, and I am now a metric pro. At first, it was rough describing moves on routes and lengths.

For the record, it's awesome here and the climbing is great. I also miss the Red, like you read about.
No big deal.