Do you swing both ways?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?

what do you climb?

I lead both trad and sport
71%
I lead trad exclusively, and do not climb sport at all
1%
I lead sport exclusively, and do not climb trad at all
7%
I lead trad exclusively, but will top rope sport routes
No votes
I lead sport exclusively, but will top rope trad routes
16%
I don't lead anything, but top rope trad and/or sport
4%

Total votes: 70

MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

I would say sport but i'm getting more and more excited about bouldering.
don't worry i'm not becoming a pure boulderer i still love the red and sport climbing but i think bouldering is really fun.
trad can be fun but i often find it too much work and too little enjoyment.
excellent point mia....you are correct. ~ Pigsteak
charlie

Post by charlie »

What's a "trad"?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

It's like something you do to make a living. Carpenter, electrician, or a painter.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
ynot

Post by ynot »

Allah,you chuffer. Andy ,that was hilarious :P
I admit to climbing sport, it's like cheating.I should be spanked.
Last time I seemed to pass the bolts without noticing them.I think I rattled my belayor.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I'm really digging trad right now because it's so new to me and it challenges me in so many ways. I've never felt as mentally and physically drained as when I come down from leading a trad route that's at my limit. And I love that.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
hamsco

Post by hamsco »

I have more fun setting pro. And most multi pitch climbs are trad, which are the most exciting. But sending a sport route can be rewarding too, It's all about being well rounded.
wanderer

If I ever learn how to climb these crazy cracks!

Post by wanderer »

I've been mostly a sporty, but I long to be a trady as well. Such a different style of climbing. Bouldering is also quite exciting so I won't overlook that either. There are so many benefits and unique differences to each style that I can't ever see myself limiting my climbing to just one.
allah

Post by allah »

Hey I love trad thas all ive been doing ever since i started climbing. that is where my heart is. come on guys you gotta believe me. Im that tradster at the red, just no one would know because i dont go and spray about all my trad ascents because then all my friends would make fun of me and call me a traddy, but you know i dont care if they know any more.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Hamsco, you are starting to lok well rounded :wink: :P
Just genuinely disengenuous.
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I'm a sporty and proud. I can think of two ocassions when I used a hand jam and it was on a sport route to rest both times. I must say I didn't like it one bit and quickly changed to just resting on the jugs. I've lead one trad route. Oh course it's Roadside Attraction. I layed the whole thing back and placed about six peices on the entire route (boy was that a pain). I also get into bouldering for the winter, however I always feel like I suck and transitioning is no fun. Last weekend at rocktown I heard myself say "If this was a route I would have already done it! I think my harness has magical powers, maybe I'll wear it bouldering!"