Omaha Beach - beta request

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Ally Smith

Omaha Beach - beta request

Post by Ally Smith »

Hi folks.

I'm planning on visiting the Red this autumn and fancy going BIG on a project whilst i'm there, and i want to maximise my chances, hence the beta request.

I did BOHICA this May and looking left and right both Transworld Depravity and Omaha Beach look excellent. I belayed a mate when he did Transworld and he's given me a good breakdown of what to expect, and pointed me at some videos online too.

Omaha Beach is the one i'm struggling to get more info on: http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... ute&id=810

From what i've gathered so far; 5.12 to the start of the roof? Stamina territory through the steepness to a boulder problem to get stood up on the sandy break

- How hard is the stamina section? 13a, or harder? Are there any shake-outs along the way?
- How hard is the boulder problem - should i be training techy heel hooks, or front on edge burling?
- How hard is the headwall? 12, 13?
- Are there any videos of Omaha Beach online? (Only one i could find is of someone taking a monster victory whipper from the chains)

Thanks in advance, Ally
Cromper

Re: Omaha Beach - beta request

Post by Cromper »

Contact Dru Mack
MrFizz

Post by MrFizz »

Squeeze hard and scream a lot
What would crush with Arnold's tank?
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Traverse over and lay down on the ledge for at least 4 or 5 hours
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

plan on pretty much every crux in the Red being squared up edge yanking. to this end, train simple moderate movements punctuated by short cruxes on slopey crimps. that said, you'll learn more on your scouting burn than reading 15 pages of other people's beta.

good luck!
haunted.