Who's line is it?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
dustonian

Re: Who's line is it?

Post by dustonian »

haha you said "boner"... twice
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

dude, there are so many linkups to be had on that wall...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

that wall is, like, sick ill, brah*

(* actual quote overheard at Midnight Surf this fall)
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

"A review of the last one hundred years of climbing shows that some of the most significant developments in technique and equipment were challenged as unethical when they first appeared. For example, at the turn of the twentieth century some felt that the use of belaying techniques was taking the adventure out of mountain climbing. In the 1950s, others decried the use of even the slightest aid on rock climbs that were thousands of feet high. In the 1970s, still others questioned whether the use of camming protection was cheating and, in the 1980s, many wondered whether sport climbing would be the death of the sport. We should not ignore those who question new climbing developments or who are concerned about ethical and stylistic matters; how we climb does matter. The point is that we need to maintain some humility about today’s issues because at least some of the questions that we are dearly concerned about today may appear quaint or outdated tomorrow. We should not let ethical debates between climbers obscure other looming issues or spoil our relationships with land managers and the community at large."

http://www.mountaineers.org/nwmj/05/051_ethics2.html

Worth reading, and somewhat supportive of Pigsteak.
Last edited by climb2core on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael_W

Post by Michael_W »

Didn't know until this morning that EGBG had attracted some attention. I suppose it is part of my learning curve that I bolted it precisely as I did. I expect this will disappoint some, but the younger Wheatley had nothing to do with bolting that route. Yea, he keeps trying to take credit for all the cool stuff I put up. But, that's kids for you. Rag him all you want. You have my permission. 8)
caribe

Post by caribe »

Michael_W wrote:Didn't know until this morning that EGBG had attracted some attention.
I hope you did not read all this!
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

It's all your fault caribe. ;)
caribe

Post by caribe »

climb2core wrote:It's all your fault caribe. ;)
Who's line is it? by climb2core » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Michael_W wrote:Didn't know until this morning that EGBG had attracted some attention. I suppose it is part of my learning curve that I bolted it precisely as I did. I expect this will disappoint some, but the younger Wheatley had nothing to do with bolting that route. Yea, he keeps trying to take credit for all the cool stuff I put up. But, that's kids for you. Rag him all you want. You have my permission. 8)
Damn dad.. Maybe your worst attempt of defending your son. You and caribe are now on my black list.
Living the dream
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Ha, you think this wouldn't have played out had I not picked up on it caribe? Rrrrrrrrrrrright.