partner for mid March-April

Need a partner?
EricDorsey

Re: partner for mid March-April

Post by EricDorsey »

Yeah I think spring break is still a week or two off for most colleges.

But it is interesting how as soon as March hits everyone(and their dog) shows back up. Who is telling all these people that the only time you can climb in the red is march-may and sep-nov??? Oh well it was a nice quiet winter at least.... Cant wait for the humidity to show back up and clear out all these fair weather climbers.
nat

Post by nat »

Hey, I would have been out climbing weeks ago if work did not get in the way. I've got a few months off from work and school, so figured I would get some traveling and climbing in while I still can. Traveling solo really limits the options of where to go to find reliable partners, and it sounds like this time of year the Red is the place to do that.

Sounds like some of you guys are slightly disgruntled locals, and from what it sounds like the crowds can be quite a nuisance. But seriously, if what I have heard about the climbing in the Red is true, and it is your local crag, then you are quite lucky. Sorry to contribute to the spring madness, but hey, the Red sounds too good to skip out on. Anyways, if any of you guys need a partner at all let me know; it would be great to climb with people that know the area well. I can also return the favor and show you the cragging around NM and northern CA if you are ever in the area.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

Nat sorry dont take it personally Im sure it wasn't directed at you... Just interesting to see the influx of climbers every season like some sort of migration. Enjoy your stay I am sure you will have no problem finding good partners.
clif

Post by clif »

'fair weather climbers' yet you all say how nice the winter was. longer days, limited vacation time, more reliable weather. time to get over it?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

Hi my name is Andrew and still use the word nerd as an insult, even thought I am in my mid thirties almost have a wife and kids to boot. Plus I enjoy trolling this site even thought I probably forget what the red looks like and how real rocks feels on my hands.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
envirorider

Post by envirorider »

Hi Nat, I am looking for a partner anytime this week. I'm on spring break but all my normal partners are working (lame), I'm by no means a 5.12 climber but was leading 5.10's pretty comfortably for my group last season. I have put a ton of training time this winter so I'm hoping to excel quickly this season! If your interested let me know asap because I will probably head to Miguel's on Wednesday in hopes of finding some partners. Thanks! have fun!
That was fun, Whats next!?
nat

Post by nat »

Hey,

So bad news... I tore a tendon in my finger yesterday, so will probably be not climbing much for a while :-(. I may try to climb a little bit in the next few days, but I am not too optimistic I will be able to climb. That being said, Miguel's is packed with college kids so if I can't climb you will have no problem finding partners.
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Hey Nat, I know a guy, rick, he's a sick thrower and an alright climber. I'll give you his numba brah!
nat

Post by nat »

Cromper wrote:Hey Nat, I know a guy, rick, he's a sick thrower and an alright climber. I'll give you his numba brah!

That's wassup
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

^^^^^ +10 cool points
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.