Retired Gear uses...

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
jimmy

Re: Retired Gear uses...

Post by jimmy »

krampus wrote:funny that this thread wold show up today, I was just cleaning out my attic and wondering what to do with the bag of old shoes I have. Any suggestions.
Maybe you can use sections of old rope to tie together your old shoes into harmonious hanging mobiles.
batguano

Post by batguano »

I'm somewhat shocked to discover that people actually retire cams. maybe I should take that as a hint?
weather is occurring.
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

ynp1 wrote:The boy scouts could always use the shoes. I was never a boy scout, but I have worked with them some. Blown out shoes are way better then there boots. That is one good place to get rid of your shoes.
Camp McKee Scout Reservation in Mt. Sterling has a climbing program. When I worked as their climbing director 3 or 4 years ago they didn't have shoes, or the extra funds to purchase shoes (even discounted). We put a donation box at Miguels for retired shoes that summer, but only received 2 pair. Camp McKee is only 17 miles from The Red, they could use the shoes!
toad857

Post by toad857 »

60m rope rug
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Dude, the broom is right behind the door. Use it!
toad857

Post by toad857 »

i've upgraded to the once-a-year leafblower treatment.
graniteclimber

Post by graniteclimber »

THB wrote:oh... and also, if you wanna give your old ropes to dustin, i fully support that... but you could also donate them to sterling (that is, once dustin has enough old ropes that his heart is content)... just don't donate them to sterling during rocktoberfest, i want my chances at a raffle rope to be as high as possible... :)
Doesn't matter how many ropes you put in that raffle... the Fix is In.
Syphur

Post by Syphur »

I've been giving thought to items you could make with ropes. There's the obvious rugs. If you google "rope rug" and look at the images there is a couch in there. Got me thinking hanging chairs,hammocks and the like. Spoke to Captin Static about making such items for free with retired ropes the RRGCC could collect and sell for fundraising. Don't want to step on Sterlings' toes though with the program they do at Rocktoberfest. Got ideas, just no ropes to retire.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

they have plenty of ropes. go for it an keep things local, y'hurrd?
toad857

Post by toad857 »

1 rope could probably make 10 trivets, for another idea. i'd buy one for $10