50%
Maybe
15%

Total votes: 34

climb2core

Re: Community Meeting - Nov 9th

Post by climb2core »

dustonian wrote:
climb2core wrote:This debate has gotten way old. One thing is now painfully evident. Nothing will be done, nothing will change. Too bad, it could have been an opportunity to make a positive impact for all of our benefit.
Wait, aren't you going to go out to Bob Marley and check all the aluminum Penises? Or because some people don't agree with you, you're off the hook to do anything about all those Giant Penises you're so worried about? Or is it because there's not a "system" in place to make it happen "automatically"?
I will continue to inspect any penises as I come across them. I will try to keep a couple extra with me in case there seems to be be a bad one. For my concept to be viable, it would need to have support of leaders of the community to have an effect. Why do you care? Aren't you disappearing into the woods never to be seen again?
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Man, how many Penises do you carry around with you?? Any Giant ones?
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Meadows wrote:I don't see how we, the community, and the recreators are setting ourselves up for a lawsuit.

411.190. Obligations of owner to persons using land for recreation

(4) Except as specifically recognized by or provided in subsection (6) of this section, an owner of land who either directly or indirectly invites or permits without charge any person to use the property for recreation purposes does not thereby:

(a) Extend any assurance that the premises are safe for any purpose;
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
Eric Cox

Post by Eric Cox »

Perma-draw
Holy Shit! I typed the whole word for P.D. and the words Giant Penis showed up. Thanks to whoever did this for me and saved me the time! God, I love this website. What a bunce of Perma-draws there are on here! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

dustonian wrote:Man, how many Penises do you carry around with you?? Any Giant ones?
I normally carry around 3-4 Penises. ClimbTech has cum out with a new colored Giant Penis that is supposed less conspicuous and I only have room for one or two of those.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Man, that's a lot of Penises. I bet you're the kind of guy that does a lot of stretching before going to the crag.
caribe

Post by caribe »

Clevis Hitch wrote:
Meadows wrote:I don't see how we, the community, and the recreators are setting ourselves up for a lawsuit.
411.190. Obligations of owner to persons using land for recreation
(4) Except as specifically recognized by or provided in subsection (6) of this section, an owner of land who either directly or indirectly invites or permits without charge any person to use the property for recreation purposes does not thereby:
(a) Extend any assurance that the premises are safe for any purpose;
Just because someone checks gear to make sure it is sound does not mean that someone extends this assurance to ANYONE.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

dustonian wrote:Man, that's a lot of Penises. I bet you're the kind of guy that does a lot of stretching before going to the crag.
I have been doing this great new "dance warm up" that really helps me get ready to crush. I bring my boombox to crag... if you are interested in joining, send me a pm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAOy4KggUTc
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Ha ha perfect. I put up a great new "5.8+" hand and fist crack recently and gave it the same name... you might like it, I know how much you like trad climbing. Unfortunately there is nowhere to stick any Giant Colored Penises on this one, except maybe at the anchor if you were in the mood.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

caribe wrote:Just because someone checks gear to make sure it is sound does not mean that someone extends this assurance to ANYONE.
I would be concerned that it is looked at as senior members of a user group doing inspection. I don't know how a community organized gear check does not get spun around as that type of verification. A lawyer being able to point to a link here at RRC stating an initiative to spank the mank or whatever, seems like some liability comes with that. Is it enough to actually win a lawsuit? I'm sure someone on here can answer. I just do not like the idea of a group, trained or otherwise, going out and doing spot inspection on fixed gear in a broad effort like that. Again, $0.02.

Perma Draws!!!!