PDs at Lode

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Most Permadraws stripped from Lode today. What do YOU think??

Good
28%
Bad
61%
[FART!]
11%

Total votes: 181

Pumpkin

Re: PDs at Lode

Post by Pumpkin »

Meadows and Artsay,
Obviously the perma draws were not removed from the cave because it is okay for 12/13 climbers to hang dog their way up 13's and 14's while it is not okay for 11 climbers to hang dog their way up 12's. :D
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Kipp - I don't think this has anything to do with grade. To me, folks took it upon themselves to represent the unified voice of our community without involving the community.

I don't have a dog in this fight either and honestly have been hiding away from this crap for years. Same ol', same ol' exept the bullies have just changed.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

If someone took my draws down I would string 2 pairs of 3 together and use them like nunchucks on the thief. They would be quickdraw-chucks. I would make sure there was a steel biner on each end of the quickdraw-chuck also. What a stupid fucking thing to do. Whoever got their draws stolen should just beat some ass. That's the only way to solve this shit. I love seeing skinny climbers scrap.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Pumpkin wrote:Meadows and Artsay,
Obviously the perma draws were not removed from the cave because it is okay for 12/13 climbers to hang dog their way up 13's and 14's while it is not okay for 11 climbers to hang dog their way up 12's. :D
Yeah, I want to say that too... but I think steepness dictated their choice. They were brash and impulsive, and gave the wrong reasons for doing it, but some good can come out of this.
camhead

Post by camhead »

climb2core wrote:
Yeah, I want to say that too... but I think steepness dictated their choice. They were brash and impulsive, and gave the wrong reasons for doing it, but some good can come out of this.
Were the draws on Convicted removed? Were those on 40oz left? If so, then this was not about grades or eltism, but steepness.
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!
clausti

Post by clausti »

climb2core wrote:

I kind of dig the brash impulsiveness. It's definitely the opposite of talking things to death. and while it's kind of dick to strip all of the steel hardware that was paid for by community fundraiser...

If they're willing to be the crag police and keep stripping draws, bundling them by route, and leaving them at Miguel's every Monday morning all season.... I think that they will have taken fairly bold action in trying to change the culture of the Red *specifically* towards not being OK to leave draws hanging everywhere (it's not a gym, it's a crag) and *generally* towards a culture of less entitlement, less convenience, less disposability, less ignorance, and more thoughtfulness and respect.
aburgoon

Post by aburgoon »

Salutations,

Valid points exist on both sides. I'm interested in hearing them out. Please refrain from ad hominem arguments as they cloud the issues at hand. Likewise, appeals to authority carry no weight unless it is the authority of a property owner.
graniteclimber

Post by graniteclimber »

Zach Romero wrote: I'm saddened by the state of the RED and it's decline in the two years I've been climbing here. In MY opinion the Gorge is at capacity, it can't handle many more climbers
So, things started getting lousy once you arrived? Sounds like the solution is for you to leave.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

aburgoon wrote:Valid points exist on both sides. I'm interested in hearing them out. Please refrain from ad hominem arguments as they cloud the issues at hand. Likewise, appeals to authority carry no weight unless it is the authority of a property owner.
and people say a minor in philosophy is a waste of time. harumph.
haunted.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

me either michelle....I always drive as fast as I can when i get to the Lode parking lot...

and ray dawg...there will be no one step forward to claim draws lost, because no one even knows whose draws were up there. of course I am talking out my ass since I don't go up there anyway...

but again,, those in favor of Pd's on the undertow, do you have a problem with playground and volunteer being fully equipped?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.