2010 Season

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

pigsteak

2010 Season

Post by pigsteak »

How was your 2010 climbing season? Scale of 1-10, where do you rate it compared to other years, and why? Harder sends, new friends, injured, get laid off, divorce?..any other big things that made an impact on how you will remember 2010?

Mine was a 9 plus....new crag developed with 35 routes and two great guys (russ and jeff), 50 days of isolation, tons of laughs, plenty of cold beer over the summer, visited established crags maybe twice all year, actually sent hard for me,....yeah, gonna be hard to beat.

Love to hear yours.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Saxman

Re: 2010 Season

Post by Saxman »

The year isn't over yet.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'll go with a 9 too Kipp, for the same reasons.
Some of my best have to be the earliest years though. Everything was new, nowhere near the number of crowds, full on excitement for climbing.
Still amped for it all and looking forward to 2011.
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

I will give my season an 8. This was the first season that I spent a lot of my time down at the gorge. This was probably my best season as far as numbers go as I raised my redpoint almost 2 number grades. This is also my first season where I have caught myself just chasing numbers and not truly appreciating what I am climbing. I have found myself practicing the "on to the next one" mentality this last season and I am looking forward to next year trying to find beautiful, artful lines that climbers have forgotten about as new climbing areas have come into the light. I have found several of these lines and I am looking forward to getting on them next spring.
KD

Post by KD »

It was a season the didnt happen for me because my body needed rest and I have dealt with professional obligations and challenges. I made it down maybe two or three times and started running again. Buying a boat kept me occupied all summer too. I really miss everybody a lot and hope to come down much more this year - 2011. So I'd have to say a 2
Last edited by KD on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

Season was a 10+!!! Spent the better part of mid May to mid November at the Red. Took highest redpoint from 11b to 12d, and pretty consistent in the 12a/b range. Met a ton of great people... too many to name names. got over 700 pitches in. Best season ever. Can't wait till next year.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

A 10 thanks to all you guys out there putting in the hard work developing new lines and crags. Josh, Kipp, The Wheatleys, Forrester, Kyle, Jeff, Russ, D.S., Perkins, Frank, Isaac, Dustin.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

9...woulda been a 10, but was plagued by tendon injuries and med school all fall. Still had a great extended-honeymoon roadtrip over the summer to Rifle, Maple, Yosemite/Tuolumne, Bishop, Zion/Kolob (Namaste wall!), Mt Charleston, Clark Mtn, and of course the beach and family time (all in 5 weeks!...with soloing Cathedral & Eichorn Pinnacle on my birthday as a high point)...then this fall I still got a lot of bolting in despite the injuries and got to watch friends send a couple of the routes that were probably over my head anyway. And climbing the extension to Day Dreaming ground up was one of my best climbing days ever, if not THE best.

PS...Getting to belay Lena while she broke into 13b (i.e. 8a and a huge milestone for all the Euro numbercrunchers out there) was pretty cool too :)
Last edited by dustonian on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

I'm going with the 10, as it’s been a year that will not be forgotten. It was a very different climbing year than any of my previous nine to date... To be fortunate enough to develop and climb with like-minded individuals in a pristine setting for the entire year has been, well, quite unexpected. Several times during the year I would think to myself that I was not pushing hard enough, not climbing enough, or not getting out enough, but in retrospect I couldn't have asked for more. Great companionship, awesome lines and memorable FAs. OK, it might have been nice to have a little more time for unfinished business, but instead I have projects to start 2011 with... and, as previously mentioned, 2010 ain’t over yet!
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

10!!! Loved climbing at the new walls and most of the Fall was filled with full on Team Jammie action. "Team Jammie" being Ray, Yasmeen, Ken, and me....So many laughs, tons of psych, and super SUPER positive energy (I love you guys!).
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.