Steel Biners for replacing worn out gear

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
tejas

Steel Biners for replacing worn out gear

Post by tejas »

Hey, I'm gonna be here in the red for about another 2 weeks, and I'm wanting to replace the worn out biners on omaha beach before I take off. I was hoping to use steel biners so that whatever I put up will last, but I'm not really sure where I can get any around here. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a hold of some before I leave?

Thanks,
Nate Drolet
bcombs

Re: Steel Biners for replacing worn out gear

Post by bcombs »

Seems like Miguels could get them in within that time frame. I can't think of any place that would have the quantity and type you'll need. If you are wanting to get steel bent gates or wires I suspect you'll have to order them.
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

Contact Isaac at Hoosier Heights in Bloomington, IN. They have an account with Fixe and can get them for a good price and have them dropped shipped to Miguels. isaac@hoosierheights.com
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Yeah, if you are going to order from Fixe, do it now. They tend to have a 5+ day "processing time" before your order ships. You know, to put the hangers in the box and such. So if you don't want to spend a small fortune having them overnighted get the order in now.
heacocis

Post by heacocis »

Yes, I can order from Fixe, but another option that should be a bit cheaper is Omega Pacific. Also, Climb Tech is now offering a complete draw with a quicklink, cable, and steel biner if you want to completely outfit the route for the forseable future. These are being used out in Rifle and the New, as well as some gyms. As Josh said, PM or email me at isaac@hoosierheights.com .
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Those Climb Tech draws in Rifle are NICE.... plus their RB's kick ass too.
cramacam

Post by cramacam »

those running backs really DO kick ass! Im with you dustonian! ... Is it fall yet?
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Dave Scott has already equipped 4-6 draws on Omaha with Cyper steel biners (red, bent gate). Please don't remove those. A couple of guys from Knoxville were planning to sell Omegas for $5 each and I can check to see if that is still a go.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Damn, Meadows, you spoiled Nate's plan! He was going to remove the biners Dave Scott fixed and replace them with the exact same style to see if Dave would notice!
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio