Bedtime for bonzo

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
milspecmark

Bedtime for bonzo

Post by milspecmark »

Ok, going to do bedtime for bonzo this weekend and I want to make sure we have enough gear before we get there. Mainly we just lack large Cams. That being said how big of a cam is necesary to complete that route. The online guide book says double rope repel so I got that much.
krampus

Post by krampus »

you need three #6 BD's and a #5 to really protect that rout. Some Big Bros might help too.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

you only need one rope for the rap, and a few mid/small range cams... nothing bigger than a #2 and nothing smaller than a .5... it protects really well, you're good to go man. Have fun and be safe.
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

Don't listen to krampus, I think he might be a meanie......
dfspau2

Post by dfspau2 »

I climbed it with a set of stoppers... 3 BD# 1's, 3 BD# 2's and a BD # 3 and felt perfectly safe (i dont even think i used all my cams)...i have no clue where a # 6 would fit anywhere on this route...or a number 5 for that matter. you also dont have to have double ropes if you repel back into the hallway and then rap off the first anchors. Its an awesome route...do it in the evening and soak up the sun set from the top...
dfspau2

Post by dfspau2 »

also last time i was there my friend decided to place a bd # 4 about 5 feet off the ground because hes a jackass and it walked back in, after an hour or so of trying to get it out gave up so if its still there let me know please...
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

That is what I thought. I have learned quickly about all the sarcasm on this forum. Looks like we do indeed have enough gear.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

And I will let you know about your #4 when I get back next week
dfspau2

Post by dfspau2 »

awesome thanks...i was there last weekend and am going again this weekend but just have been going other places
ynot

Post by ynot »

The only place bigger than fists might be the traverse. You will want to protect that well if you have newbs following.
Just be sure they know proper procedure before rapping and it should be a good time for everyone. keep em hooked up.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney