2 Free Carabiners w/Sling

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
agentWTF

2 Free Carabiners w/Sling

Post by agentWTF »

While attempting to flee Wednesday's epic storm I accidentally left 2 biners and a sling on top of American Crack at Fortress wall. If you find 'em, please enjoy their company and make sure you tell them "Daddy loves you very much."

edit: fixed grammatical issue in the sentimental sentence
krampus

Post by krampus »

I like the subtlety. Let em go and if they were meant to be..... If I got em down I would almost give the booty back in this case
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

fuck it you should have hung out and played "lightning rod"

nothing like clinging to a rock thats full of iron veins, fixed to metal gear, and above the tree line during a storm. :mrgreen:
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
agentWTF

Post by agentWTF »

5 minutes after I dropped down (in a near panic) lightning struck about 50 feet away from us (we were then hiding under a rock shelter near American Crack). I wonder how things would have been different if I was still up there with my BD stoppers slung around my shoulder...
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

crispy
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Wes

Post by Wes »

Actually, it is my (totally unscientific) understanding that you are in more danger from lightning by being under low rock shelters then by being on the climb. YMMV.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
ynot

Post by ynot »

I remember about 15 of us under that same rockhouse during a hail storm. Everyone that was at Fortress that day.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

DriskellHR wrote:fuck it you should have hung out and played "lightning rod"

nothing like clinging to a rock thats full of iron veins, fixed to metal gear, and above the tree line during a storm. :mrgreen:
Been there, done that!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
agentWTF

Post by agentWTF »

ynot wrote:I remember about 15 of us under that same rockhouse during a hail storm. Everyone that was at Fortress that day.
Not a bad place to take a nap, either.