To the Muir Valley Thief

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

You're an asshole, Thief! My mother used to say, "Nothing lower than a thief!" I agree. Sorry, Kipp, Liz, and Rick.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

It make me wonder if my ropes are still there, good thing the easiest way up is a 5.13 or a 30 minute bushwack.
Living the dream
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

LOL Well to whoever took Piggies rope, there is about 60 feet of dynamic rope hanging on Spinning Marty I had to cut after getting the damn thing stuck....You are free to it....just next time leave the fixed stuff where ya found it...sheesh.
Last edited by p0bray01 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I feel your pain, Kipp. I have had gear stolen, too.
You hope it was a hiker with no connection to the community, because not being able to trust other climbers is probably the cruelest cut of all.
I had a nice static line stolen from the Dark Side years back, and it most likely was a klepto climber. I think I know who, but totally unsubstantiated. Knowing that climbers would prey on their own hurt.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
RRO

Post by RRO »

I have had 2 ropes cut and taken like that Kipp and have had a lot of gear stolen from the shop. I would happily throw a right if you figure out who did it.

I think its funny people hold climbers to such a high regard. Our group is just like any other, there are good ones and bad ones.

Karma will get those that steal, esp those that steal things their lives depend on. And if karma doesnt find you hopefully one of the social misfits will.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

given the amount of labor the rogue posse had to invest to gank the ropes, i'd have to imagine it was done sans malice

"brah. rope is stuck."

"let's try and get it down."

*partial fail*

"well, we tried."

that's my read. either way it's unfortunate.
haunted.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Meadows wrote:How do you know if it's malice intent?
You sound guilty.
possum2082

Post by possum2082 »

i went to great wall sat morn. my partner and i got there about 9:30ish. we got on escalada first and definitely didn't see a rope.

not sure if you're wanting to move on or not, pigsteak, but just wanted to give some info.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

possum..that is because I bolted the line friday and pulled the final piece of static line...but thanks.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
krampus

Post by krampus »

damn kipp, hate to hear it. I'm sure that if they ever catch wind of this post you will have made gotten your message through. Worthless little bitches tend to make their own misery.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared