disappointed with Muir Valley climbers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

what about bashing a window out? it would probably be cheaper than paying a tow charge, and you're pretty much guaranteed ONLY a broken window. i wish i owned property because i would definitely do this.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

There's a difference between a guy with a tow truck who will tow your broken car to a garage for a repair (like a "wrecker" or a "service center") and a parking enforcement towing company - one that has a fenced, locked lot and a cashier (and maybe security - people get "touchy" when you mess with their cars.) There's also the factor that as a tow truck driver, there's a big difference between helping someone change a tire and essentially stealing someone's car - part of that factor includes getting shot at from time to time.
Bacon is meat candy.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

rhunt wrote:They didn't have a probelm towing cars out the bald rock road deep in the middle of the southern region when the oil company requested it.
Well - I stand corrected.
Bacon is meat candy.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

I am not sure its the property owners concern or problem with what happens to cars after they are towed off their property. Climb and park your car at your own risk...
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Toad

Post by Toad »

tomdarch wrote:There's a difference between a guy with a tow truck who will tow your broken car to a garage for a repair (like a "wrecker" or a "service center") and a parking enforcement towing company...
Ya know... it's the chance you take when you park in a no parking area. What do I care if there's a difference?
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

There is a locked "impound" type lot in Campton (I think). Seems I remember torrent having to tow a vehicle at some point. They come and get it and if the owner wants it they have to pay the wrecker service. IF they dont they lose their car.

seems like a fair plan.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

well i hope no one really took the poop policing seriously, crap I was just messing with ya.
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
512OW

Post by 512OW »

anticlmber wrote:didn't go to bob marley during the rocktrip did you???
Nope, I'm not that stupid. I knew the gumbies would be out in droves to catch a glimpse of a rockstar. I went to Funk Rock. Know how many parties I saw?? None.
anticlmber wrote:the parking lot would still be crowded. i agree 5.10 under brings lots of people with their friends but i have seen the lode packed to the brim as well as solar, skybridge, sanctuary, etc, etc. none of these are "beginner" areas yet they get crowded as hell after a bus full of lawyers crashes. the issue is retardism and it doesn't discriminate due to climbing grades. i'd argue both ends. i'm sure that you have seen it as well as i have dubya that the crowds have gotten bigger everywhere and will continue to do so. people will continue to go flail wherever they can; all in the hopes of being "better" and "escaping the crowds."
Yes, crowds have gotten bigger everywhere. But again, that wasn't pertinent to the conversation. Its still a fact that more sub 10 bolted routes = way more people. A fact that can't be denied. Those crowds have gotten unproportionately larger. And yes... Solar and Skybridge are gumby areas. Sorry to break your heart about your favorite crags. Sanctuary is littered with "easy for the grade", high quality routes. Thats why it gets busy. One good thing though... even when there is a line 12 deep for King Me or The Underling, I've never had to wait for The Inhibitor... And I just started sportclimbing, so I've yet to see the Lode parking area anywhere near packed...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

gary king will gladly come take your car and he's just around the corner. he towed a friends car once from drive-by. luckily we found a ride and my friend wanted to steal the car back even though i know gary and his buisness. well waayyy back in the holler was the car and after paying the fee mr. king says, "go ahead and pull it around and i'll fill your tire back up." my friends asks "why" "oh, some people think they can just come up here and steal their car back so that slows them down." that was the hardest time i have ever had not laughing my ass off.

and also too late. poops away!!
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

OK - you don't need a locked, fenced lot! If Mr. King is willing to be shot at, more power to him! :lol:
Bacon is meat candy.