Body found by Red River Gorge hikers had gunshot wound

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Pru

Body found by Red River Gorge hikers had gunshot wound

Post by Pru »

Yikes

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S ... v=menu31_2
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 01:28 PM
SLADE, Ky. (AP) -- Investigators say a man found dead in a ditch Sunday morning was killed.

A group of hikers had left their campsite at the Red River Gorge to get some supplies, when they found the body 22-year old-Michael Flora on the side of the road just off the Mountain Parkway on Kentucky 15.

Police say the Mt. Sterling man had been shot.

Kentucky State Police Trooper Ralph Lockhard says the shooting probably happened where the body was found.

The Powell County Coroner believes Flora's body had been there for less than a day.

It has been sent to Frankfort for an autopsy.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
ashtray

Post by ashtray »

Did they find a #5 camelot near the body by any chance? It could make solving the murder much easier.
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

"Investigators say a man found dead in a ditch Sunday morning was killed. "

I love people who don't proof read.
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
Dink Dink

Post by Dink Dink »

Are we talking about the redundancy of dead and killed? Or did I miss something else. 'Cuz people die all the time without being killed, so I can excuse that.
"Yeah, it sucks. But then, everything does."
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

I know I know, you can be dead and not killed...it's just poor writing. They could have said "Investigators suspect foul play after body is found in a ditch Sunday morning..."
or something of the sort to allude to the shooting...
"Man found dead in ditch Sunday morning suffered from gunshot wounds..." would be the best non-sensationalized opening sentence.

There I like that.

Sorry - I'm an editor....can't help myself.

hey Dink Dink - are you really in Afghanistan? Just curious
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

I stumbled over that sentence too. It sounded like something you'd have read in Dodge City. I guess that would have been "Kill't"
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

The title makes sense to me, but I thought certain words such as "killed" violated AP style rules.

I think "Suspect foul play" would only work if murder is an option for the reason for the death. This case has an obvious reason.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I violate RRG.com style rules all the time. those are the only rules that matter...except for the "you ain't a climber until you climb 5.12" rule that I implemented in the pigsteak corollary playbook. of course, dipsi is an honorary member of the club just for being cool and cute.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

Yeah that violated all kinds of AP style rules. The foul play sentence was a little sensationalized and I would go with the second one.

I need a life.

Dipsi is quite cute.

Pru

Post by Pru »

you people are cold, debating grammar. What I want to know is how those hikers kept warm at night!