Passive Rack Part II (Routes)

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
abock33

Passive Rack Part II (Routes)

Post by abock33 »

Staying toipc of my last post.( the one about the all passive rack)

I'm looking for routs that can go all passive. Anything up to 5.9

If possible list Route Grade and wall. I'm going down this weekend and I'm looking for a place to learn where I won't be bugging all who can climb trad. I realize that I probably could have searched this topic but I can't get the search to work how I want it to.

Update to all: I also no longer have an all passive rack. I recently bought all the cams I could afford a #'s 1 & 2 BD C4's

Let me know what's out there
Thanks
Andrew
ynot

Post by ynot »

I know Calypso 2 goes well,all passive. Seems like I did something else on passive ,just can't remember what route it was.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
john e aragon

Post by john e aragon »

Dude look in the guide, if it was sent in the 70's or in the very early 80's then chances are very good it went passive. NO MAtter What The Grade Is! Cams have not been around that long.
because i can
Evan

Post by Evan »

Passivism is not something to hide behind, dude. I dabbled in passivism myself once, not in Nam of course.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Every 5.9 in the Red can go all passive if you're strong enough.

90% of them can go passive without much issue.

I've done Africa all passive... Andromeda Strain goes all passive... Crack Attack would be about the toughest 9 I can think of in the Red to do all passive, and its a pile anyway....
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
abock33

Post by abock33 »

john e aragon wrote:Dude look in the guide, if it was sent in the 70's or in the very early 80's then chances are very good it went passive. NO MAtter What The Grade Is! Cams have not been around that long.
Good point I didn't think about that.
Andrew
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

A short list of good, some great, routes that go all passive. All done prior to 1979.

Arachnid 5.8
Africa 5.9
Curving Crack 5.8
Dog Days 5.8
Devine Climb 5.8
Frenchburg Overhangs 5.8
Diamond in the Crack 5.6
Foxfire 5.7
Copperhead 5.6
G.I. 5.7
Full Moon 5.7
Rip-Off 5.6
Good Tang 5.7
Layback Crack 5.8
The Underling 5.9
Party Time 5.7
Calypso 5.6
Snake 5.8
St. Alfonso's 5.7

In the fall of '79 I went back to Kentucky to visit family and climb with my old buddies, Seibert, Pearsall and Becker. I had one each of Friends # 1,2 & 3. We did a bunch of lines that we'd had our eyes on for years, and things were never the same after that. Pearsall, Hackworth & Smith, particularly, got a fire lit under them. Then in the early '80s Koenig & Souders started to tear it up. I know I left some people out, but those above were among the early influential traddies. Then Porter lead the next revolution.
ecp88

Post by ecp88 »

In the past few weeks I've been on Arachnid, Africa, Diamond in the Crack, and Good Tang and had bomber stopper and hex placements on all of them. They are classic routes and I like the option of placing a passive piece in lieu of active. I've not led them all passive however, just had a fun time with the passive pieces I did place. Arachnid and Good Tang are prolly the most fun.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Did Father and Son today all passive. Quite fun to leave the cams on the ground.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Good Tang just rocks. I like it better than Roadside Attraction. Did you do the final chimney to the top?
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney