Climbing podcasts

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Huggybone

Climbing podcasts

Post by Huggybone »

I've been listening to Podclimber. Generally, I like it. Not every one is great, but I'd say 60% of them are worth listening to.

Anybody else listen to climbing podcasts? what else is out there?
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
JS

Post by JS »

Podclimber is the only one I've heard of.

I know it's not climbing but if your interested in some good stories outside of the norm try the Mysterious Universe podcast. It's a well put together show with some interesting stories if you can set aside some skeptisism. Don't listen to it alone in the woods. :)
Walrus Jihad
RRO

Post by RRO »

what is a podclimber ?
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
dmw

Post by dmw »

RRO: podclimber is for when you don't want to work anymore, but you want to hide behind your computer and listen to Timmy O'Neill rant about something inane for half an hour...... it is sometimes more fun than actually working....
Wes

Post by Wes »

Podclimber is when you are sooo addicted to the net, that you download a talkshow to you iPod so that you can listen to it while at the crag. Not quite as nice as wifi at the crag, but better then "surfing" on a Treo.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

I've been listening to podclimber and about a million other podcasts on my drive to work. Only 20 minutes, but it beats the crap out of listening to the radio.

Now, if I could load the online guide onto my ipod, that would be cool.
Wait, I know, I could record myself reading the whole guide outloud, then edit it into a bunch of small files, and separate it into categories, walls, and routes.
Damn, how cool would that be.

Wait, I could simply make my computer read it! I will work on it and report back.
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

Alright, I've got the computer reading it, now I need to figure out how to record it onto mp3!

Just think, a guidebook on your nano, with Steven Hawkings reading you your favorite route.