Problems at the Red

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Think about the gas not burn. Walls can be costly to build but in the long run you could really save.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
Cliff Heindel

Post by Cliff Heindel »

could we generate a perpetual fog so thick that no new climber's could find there way through and all commentary so befuddled and rambling that even the forest service bureaucracy gives up committee meetings?
'really ?' -fluffy
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Cliff we aren't far now, and its not fog its smug.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
Cliff Heindel

Post by Cliff Heindel »

Can we get a ruling?
'really ?' -fluffy
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yep, just got back in this morning from a great trip, and one of the two rest days I have had over the last week and a half, the site was closed down for a little april fools day fun (did I miss that admin memo?).

SikMonkey wrote:Hey, I just thought of something.....Where is Wes during all of this? It seemed like we were missing an integral part of our community during these discussions but I couldn't figure out which one. WES, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?

Mj
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

thanks for the thread sprag I think I know or feel where your coming from, my son (17) and I got out saturday, it was the first time he ever had shown any interest in joining me at the Red, we tried to find a place where I could explain a little rope craft and were shut down by the crowds at more than a couple spots, I was loading up the old crag station he had been using when I noticed it seemed heavier, I opened it up and it was loaded with bottles and cans he had picked up without my attention, I was impressed, am I gonna go to hell for having my kid and dog with me at the crag? guess it'll get better when the temps hit the upper 80s and the fair weather crowd hits the lakes- it seems we need the MPRP now more than ever-
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

funny too when I look at all the dog and kid bashing, I remember Porter and Poochie and Dave Hume working routes belayed by his mom as well as Katie, I guess little did they know or care how wrong they were being, Ha
Christian

Post by Christian »

Spragwa wrote:Warning: Link to Christian Doctrine. I find it appropriate. You can learn a lot from religion, regardless of your spirituality.

http://www.prayerguide.org.uk/stfrancis.htm

Oh and I don't follow this very well but I think it's humbling to strive for it even for one day.
Just so noone is confused :that isn't "my" doctrine but it is pretty good.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
Christian

Post by Christian »

Crankmas wrote:thanks for the thread sprag I think I know or feel where your coming from, my son (17) and I got out saturday, it was the first time he ever had shown any interest in joining me at the Red, we tried to find a place where I could explain a little rope craft and were shut down by the crowds at more than a couple spots, I was loading up the old crag station he had been using when I noticed it seemed heavier, I opened it up and it was loaded with bottles and cans he had picked up without my attention, I was impressed, am I gonna go to hell for having my kid and dog with me at the crag? guess it'll get better when the temps hit the upper 80s and the fair weather crowd hits the lakes- it seems we need the MPRP now more than ever-
Saturday we went to Mariba Fork to avoid the crowds. :lol:
We had never been there. The approach and retutrn was like a mini Linville Gorge
It was excellent. Slipping sliding slithering rhodothrashing. It was beautiful!
I think we climbed 2 routes but it is a beautiful majestic place. and no crowds. the only people we saw were a couple from Montreal who were Tres bon.
Chris did find a dead calf while doing #2. It was really a great day.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

of course, we packed out that number two, right?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.