Bouldering in the Louisville Area?!

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
jordancolburn

Bouldering in the Louisville Area?!

Post by jordancolburn »

So I'm a freshman at the university of louisville. I climb at rocksport once or twice a week and in So. Ill when I'm home. I know that the red is great and I plan to go there when it warms up a bit, but I won't always have time for the drive. I've searched all over the internet but can't find a bit of outdoor climbing within an hour of louisville. does anybody know of some good bouldering about 30 min around louisville?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!1

NO. your in louisville which has the same amount of letters as hell and half the amount of rock. try KS. or IN
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
dmw

Post by dmw »

hee hee
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

mascatatuck county park in N vernon indianur is the closest. tell greg martin howdy.
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

That's great, much more prolific than I was expecting close by, about an hour away (better than the two hour trip to the gorge for a day trip). I'll check it out sometime soon. Thanks!
powen01

Post by powen01 »

You can also look around in Cherokee park near Big Rock... Some traverses and things to do if you're reallllllllly desperate... Let me know how Muscatatuck is... been interested in seeing what kind of stuff is there...
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

it worth at least one trip to decide. i give it thumbs up.
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

jordancolburn wrote:That's great, much more prolific than I was expecting close by, about an hour away (better than the two hour trip to the gorge for a day trip). I'll check it out sometime soon. Thanks!
Since when does it take two hours to get to the Red from The ville? Anyway, consider yourself lucky, there are those poor souls among us that are more like 8 hours away, and dammit, if I had the gas money I would drive it every weekend!
"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

it always been two hours depending on where you leave from. your out of your element puzo. move along.
dmw

Post by dmw »

I wouldn't take powen's advice on bouldering in Cherokee Park. No one is that desperate. Even (ugh) the gyms are better than that.