Open Project thread

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Wes

Open Project thread

Post by Wes »

I am starting an open projects thread for lazy bolters (like me!) to post routes that they haven't sent, or have abandoned, or they just want to open a line for fun. Post the link to the online guide, or descriptions, etc. I will moderate this thread pretty closely.

Here are two lines that I equipped and haven't even touched, that are now open:

This one is probably 5.11ish. Looks cool, needs cleaned, and some anchors.

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... hp?id=2079

This one might need to have the anchors lowered to the last bolt, or moved way left of where they are now. Pretty line.

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... hp?id=1987
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

GoodGuy, did you chop Gecko Circus?
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

I just looked at it on Saturday. Its still there, and looks very doable if you ask me. I posted in the online guide that it is open and I would donate $100 to the PMRP and the FA when its sent. Also, Iron Mike at the Shire is open. It has draws but needs cleaning.
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
Wes

Post by Wes »

"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

Thanks Wes.
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
Bashie

Post by Bashie »

Yeah, I bolted a project at Muir. The bottom looked easy, but it ain't, I can't touch it, and it's open. Here is the description from a previous post:

Bolts were installed about 2 years ago at a nameless wall in Muir Valley. Take off the red ribbon and send it.
1a) Send an e-mail to Muir Valley land owners (Rick Weber) - route may need some trail maintenance.
1) hike to the Great Wall in Muir Valley
2) hang a left at the base of the Great Wall and hike for 5 minutes, following the trail that follows the cliff.
4) bring a 200' cord (pretty sure this is long enough)
I'm guessing it's 5.13 something. Matt Nasty thought he sent it, but it turned out to be a wet dream.
muirlover

Post by muirlover »

Bashie wrote: 1a) Send an e-mail to Muir Valley land owners (Rick Weber) - route may need some trail maintenance.

OMG! Classic!
I love Muir Valley.
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

There's the thing right of Zen at the Gallery

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... hp?id=2083

There's What's Wrong with the Underling waiting for a person of snake-like physique. Skeletor is open and closed all at the same time. How about Brad's dark side project. I guess closed. Has anybody been on these?

This thread might get a lot longer if we included unbolted projects too. i.e. Probably something left of Zen. How about between Calm like a Bomb and All that Glitters? How about left of Fifty Words? I guess you gotta rap them to know if they go.
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

ratfinkabooboo.
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

The Grott