If you could live anywhere else besides close to the Red

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
SCIN

If you could live anywhere else besides close to the Red

Post by SCIN »

I'd have to say Lander, Wyoming. 15 minutes from Sinks Canyon. I can't quit thinking about that place and Wild Iris. Man, what beautiful country and incredible climbing. Sure, it's not the Red but I'm just thinking like if the Red wasn't around.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Wes

Post by Wes »

Lander would be great to live in from about mid May to maybe Late sept / Early Oct. But, don't think spending the winter there would be super fun.

I love the climbing around Boone, though I think Asheville would be the better place to live. Fun town, good climbing nearby, etc. Bishop would be the west coast choice for me, I think.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Yea, I forgot about that winter thing. Damn. I guess I'd have to go with Chattanooga then. T-Wall, Obed, Rocktown, etc.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
dmw

Post by dmw »

I hear you on Lander, what a great place.... but the winters are cold.... my choice would be I think probably either where I am now, Cody, except for the winter, or Ft. Collins, bc you are close to all the CO stuff in and around RMNP, Boulder, then there's Vedauwoo and TenSleep and the Winds and Lander w/in 5 hours, and then the stuff in Utah too w/in five or so hours........
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Ft. Collins
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Yep. Chattanooga. No question.

Those winters out west would destroy me, though I suppose snowboarding wouldn't be so bad...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

i'd have to say MIchigan or maybe Ohio. everyone i have ever met from there rave about it and they all seem to be fairly intelligent, woods-smart, and great drivers. yeah that would be it. or maybe Florida so i can look at old ladies in thongs.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Dink Dink

Post by Dink Dink »

Korengal Valley, Afghanistan.
"Yeah, it sucks. But then, everything does."
Dink Dink

Post by Dink Dink »

Or maybe Fayetteville, WV. Gauley, New River, Summersville.
"Yeah, it sucks. But then, everything does."
enoch308

Post by enoch308 »

How is the climbing there in Korengal Valley? Good stone there? Pictures please!!!
....with every step he takes ... every move he makes....
odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.