Mosquito Repellent

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Josephine

Mosquito Repellent

Post by Josephine »

Has anyone tried a mosquito repellent patch? do they work?

for example:
http://www.nobuzzzone.com/nobuzzzone_ne ... buzegoogle

anyone know of a good remedy for after i'm bitten? i think i've become immune to hydrocortozone (sp?) :(
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Mboss

Post by Mboss »

My body is something like mosquito cheesecake. They love to eat me. Currently if I spend more than 5 min outside, I will be bitten. When wearing 100% DEET, my bites are reduced to one every half hour.

With that in mind, I LOVE Caladryl lotion, the clear kind is the best. It makes the itch and the bites disappear!

Good luck detering the insects. Let me know if the patch works. Sometimes, mosquitos make me wanna cry because they love biting me sooooo much. :(
"Birth and death are easy. Life is hard." -Tom Robbins in Jitterbug Perfume
Steve

Post by Steve »

I find that staying indoors works great. Unless those pesky buggers sneak in the door behind you.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
tania

Post by tania »

Remember Josephine...just a few more weeks of the crappy stuff and then PRIME CLIMBING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." ~Keith Urban
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Does anyone know the reason why mosquitos go after some, but avoid others?
dmw

Post by dmw »

pH differencesb
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Meadows, i think it has something to do with a scent that some people give off from my bits of searching the internet. i also found out that the itch is caused by a reaction to the thinner they use so that they can suck the blood better. some people are not as sensitive to it as others. lastly, i know that you cannot develop an immunity to it over time. :(

i heard some people saying if you eat garlic it will keep them away. i beg to differ on this point. i adore garlic & eat it at every opportunity (in fact i had some for breakfast!) mosquitoes still love me.

thanks for the tip to try caladryl stuff. i'll be picking that up first thing tmr morning!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
jemesthomus89

Re: Mosquito Repellent

Post by jemesthomus89 »

Hello Guys,

I m suggest 10 Natural Ingredients (spoiler alert: TERMITES) That Repel Mosquitos tips share with you please follow my tips:-

1. Lemon eucalyptus oil
2. Lavender
3. Cinnamon oil
4. Thyme oil
5. Greek catnip oil
6. Soybean oil
7. Citronella
8. Tea tree oil
9. Geraniol
10. Neem oil
11. Termites
12. Termites