Tick Spray

Discussions full of RAGE!
anticlmber

Tick Spray

Post by anticlmber »

What the Fuck is wrong with people these days? When the hell did tick marks get so out of hand? Secondly, when did people stop brushing them off after getting off a route, even if they didn't put them there? I have seen quite a few in the last week on holds that don't even need a tick, (none of them do! open your Fuckin eyes) as well as huge, outlandish ticks all over the place.
Plain and simple. STOP FUCKING TICKING EVERY FUCKING HOLD!! Maybe you should climb with a German Shepard and a cane if you can't see the holds. Maybe get on something that isn't so over your head that you might be able to take a look around for holds. Hell, better yet remember where your hands and feet went. Put down the dope if you can't. Tick marks = Tape = Gym climbing. Keep that shit off the cliffs and brush them off when you see them please. Tell others as well. Instead of adding chalk let's start brushing some off. Might make it easier to hang on and look around. Fucksticks.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
chriss

Post by chriss »

Hmmm, if you don't like them, brush them off. Better yet, don't use chalk, chalk = chalk on rock = tape = gym climbing, same analysis right?

There is nothing wrong with ticking holds on a route, just keep them simple and small. If you don't like a tick mark you see, climb the route and brush it on the way down. It really is that easy. Then you won't have to waste your time whining on the internet.

That being said, I use lots of chalk and tick holds all the time. Oh well.
dmw

Post by dmw »

I am noticing some hostility, Jr. Are you feeling sad inside? :twisted:
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

no chriss, your full of shit. chalk does not equal gym. chalk used to mark holds, rather than simply a drying agent for your hands, is the problem. theres no complaining about chalk that is transfered to the holds from your hands, its the obvious lines that are. if you put the ticks up, you should brush them off when you're done.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
chriss

Post by chriss »

pawilkes wrote:no chriss, your full of shit. ..... if you put the ticks up, you should brush them off when you're done.
So vulgar. .. I'll make sure to send you a list of the holds I've ticked so you can come brush them off. Actually, on can reasonably argue that tick marks and chalk both deface the rock in the same way. If your that worried, don't use chalk, maybe stay inside. OH MY GOD, A TICK MARK!!!!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

grumpy pants.
Living the dream
charlie

Post by charlie »

I totally thought this was gonna be about the 42 ticks JR just picked out of his nether regions.

/disappointed
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

I had a tick on my arm the other day very small thought it was a splinter at first.
A blood sucking splinter with legs -- I hate em too but DEET doesn't seem to bother them-- BASTARDS
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
captain static

Post by captain static »

Snake Jackson & I climbed Whipstocking yesterday and there was so much chalk on the jug at the lip of the overhang below the anchors I could see it from the ground (and this old man's eyesight ain't that great).
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I chalked up on the jug beneath the roof on Return of Chris Snyder without dipping my hands into my chalkbag. Just make the most of it, JR.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)