Sprint PCS mobile

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Pru

Sprint PCS mobile

Post by Pru »

Does it suck? How is it in the Louisville area? What about around the Red?

They have the best pricing by far for data access, but their coverage maps look questionable.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I have used them in the past and it worked fine around Lagrange and northern Louisville along with much better speeds then I get out of my cingular card. I don't believe either worked in the red for me other then in Tacketts' parking lot.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
jhwatts

Post by jhwatts »

they suck, and their customer service sucks. At least around here. Go with Cingular
bhuff04

Post by bhuff04 »

absolutely sucks. there's pockets at the red but overall you're roaming the whole time.
Happy without reason
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

i have a hard time w/cingular getting reception @ miguels. sometimes works, sometimes doesn't
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
dmw

Post by dmw »

i have stupid t mobile now but verizon was always stellar for me..... esp. coverage in the red. I called Ames from over by Prime Directive at FRC one time bc of a bloody eyeball...... that is some good service!
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Sprint used to suck (no reception past Winchester), but now you can get free roaming.
woman

Post by woman »

I hated Sprint. Now I have Verizon and get pretty good coverage.
"Take revenge...shit on a pidgeon."
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

Meadows wrote:Sprint used to suck (no reception past Winchester), but now you can get free roaming.
My family has been with Sprint for 5+ years now....it has improved so much in that time.

I have roaming (more than two bars most of the time) the whole way to the Red....in other words...great connection

and their customer service is AMAZING....the guy in the store (we just renewed our contract to get free phones) switched our plan without us knowing and the Sprint customer service switched it right back...no problem...and that plan wasn't even offered anymore...oh....and gave us a huge credit for our pain and suffering...

we pay $110-$120 for 800 minutes split between 3 people....that includes

Unlimited Sprint to Sprint
Night minutes start at 6 pm
Free Roaming

Just for my line:

Power Vision
International calling
Unlimited txt

I'm not sure I recommend my phone though...it's the Motorola Q and I seem to be having some battery issues with it....I'm taking it in today to see if it's just the battery....
From Kentucky ;o)
Pru

Post by Pru »

I was looking at the Q and have read that the battery life is an issue. Bummer. Right now I have a Blackberry on Cingular and love it, but I'm not paying for it...

How do you like the Power Vision service? Which plan do you have?