So does the yelling piss anyone else off?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Ballss

So does the yelling piss anyone else off?

Post by Ballss »

I was at Roadside Crag on friday and this girl was screaming bloody murder during every move......like loud enough that EVERYONE turned their heads and then looked at each other in disbelief. What gives?
The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with you palm now...........
reospeed

Post by reospeed »

maybe she was completly at her limit...

I tend to make noise when I climb. I don't think it's quite to the bloody murder level. I really can't help it...but it just seems to happen when I'm completely pushing myself to doing moves that are hard for me and trying to not to fall. Should I be quieter? I can work on it...
Ballss

Post by Ballss »

She screamed at one point, not while falling mind you, for 4 seconds straight.
The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with you palm now...........
reospeed

Post by reospeed »

nice.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

LOL, I had to think back and make sure I wasn't at Roadside on Friday. When I'm making hard moves, it does help to be a little vocal, but the sounds typically last more like .266 seconds, rather than 4; and I try to keep it down around every 5th move, rather than every move.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

I hope she got the attention she was looking for....

Was there lots of dogs, all of them barking and none of them on a leash? Just wondering because that is what's the norm at a popular cliff these days.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Ballss

Post by Ballss »

Well she certainly got alot of attention. Not sure it was the kind she wanted though.

Not to hijack the thread hunt, but don't you think some dogs are quieter and behave better while not on a leash? I know mine does. =)
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

dogs should be on a leash period. if they bark and act aggresive on a leash they should be left at home, in the car, or shot. one dog off a leash is fine if its behaved. two or more is starting to ask for trouble. screaming for the hell of it is gay.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

dude I don't want to start another dog rant. I mentioned the dogs just as a way to illustate a point that some people (me) would rather here the occational screaming climber than the constant darking dogs.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Ballss

Post by Ballss »

rhunt wrote:dude I don't want to start another dog rant. I mentioned the dogs just as a way to illustate a point that some people (me) would rather here the occational screaming climber than the constant darking dogs.
Good call. But wouldn't you rather hear nothing of the sort?