regarding water pollution and bull-dozed trails

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
loren

regarding water pollution and bull-dozed trails

Post by loren »

This past Sunday (9/17) I was climbing up FS 9b at Dip Wall and there was a stretch of about 1.5-2 miles where the creek water was colored bright (neonish) blue. I called the ranger station to report potential dumping, but got only machine and left a message.

Does anybody know what this is from? Is it dumping or is it some sort of water treatment?

Also, I climbed in Sore Heal this weekend. Very sad about what used to be such a good looking trail and now is a 5 foot wide bull-dozed path.
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

man, i'm kinda psyched about that new trail at sore heel...it's actually a blessing in disguise for additional parking and easier access. people can still ride a bike on that. i don't see what the big deal is?
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

that blue stuff is probably runoff from a nearby wild blueberry grove.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
TankAzz

Post by TankAzz »

Horatio Felacio wrote:man, i'm kinda psyched about that new trail at sore heel...it's actually a blessing in disguise for additional parking and easier access. people can still ride a bike on that. i don't see what the big deal is?
lol yes now we can drive back to purgatory! yay! i am all for plowing through natural streams as well!
dmw

Post by dmw »

I almost got lost going to Purgatory bc it looks so different, how blonde is that? Seriously though, it is all messed up and it really sucks. I don't know if many Mtn bikers are thrilled about giant muddy ditches, bc that is what the trail looks like now....
ynot

Post by ynot »

What gets me about their "road building" is the total lack of regard for runoff. No dithes, pipes, culverts, nothing .just let it erode.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

who says they are finished?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.