property for sale near RRG

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
mjpickell

property for sale near RRG

Post by mjpickell »

Any person or group of people looking to purchase land near the Red River Gorge let me know. We have serveral builing lots available less than 10 minutes from RRG- some of them are in a gated community. One lot could be used for personal climbing space with approx. 350ft of cliff frontage. Appointments to view property available Sat., 7/29! RSVP here.
Thanks!
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

PM sent
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Strange.

Vague.

Group of climbers buying a building lot in a gated community with a personal crag?

Can't believe this hasn't been picked up on and derailed, so much potential...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Good point defender...

I talked to the guy last night. There may be potential there, maybe not. I'm heading down this weekend to check it out ahead of time.

So I'll kick off the hijack....

If I buy a crag and put up some difficult lines will all the elite sporties come and be my friends? I could give them the combination to the lock on the gate. It would be like Muir Valley ver 2.0. I would really like that. 8)
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Without a doubt you will become a very popular person.

Never thought of it, but I guess Muir Valley is a 'gated' community also.

Can't wait to hear what the deed restrictions are for the mail boxes in a bolted neighborhood, and what the community stance is on tents and westies. If they allow you to sell nachos, could become the new M-squared (Miguels and Muir)?
Grand Funk Railroad
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Personally, I know nothing about 'mjpickle', so please don't take this as any sort of specific attack on him or his offer.

I do want to point out that friends of mine looked at a similar sort of property - nice lot with cliffline at the rear of the lot. It turned out to be a big hassle. Once they got a lawer* and did some detailed looking into things, they found out that the lot wasn't nearly as big as the seller said, along with other issues.

I've heard a lot of stories of problems with real estate transactions around the Red, so buyer beware!

(* Anytime you buy property, you really, really should have a competent lawer involved! And be extra wary of sellers or finace people who tell you that you don't need a lawer or that you can use 'their lawyer'. Of course, plenty of 'real estate lawers' are bottom-of-the-barrel, not so competent lawyers, so you'll have to do a bit of research on that point also!)
Bacon is meat candy.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

bcombs wrote:
will all the elite sporties come and be my friends?
Yep! And the rest of us will too! :D
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I know of a good locally plugged in attorney who has handled land purchases. PM me for more info.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Recv'd in the mail yesterday...

Event Day Sale
DeerWater Communities at The Natural Bridge/Red River Gorge Parks
July 29th & 30th

1 866 781 5263 ext 235

Lots start at $9900
Water View Lots start at $19.900
Log Home starting at $99,900

Financing Available.

This is from a direct mail from...
Diversified Investments & Development, LLC
9040 Executive Park Drive, Suite 109
Knoxville, TN 37923

Did a google on both and nothing definitive.

Buyer beware.
Grand Funk Railroad
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I believe what was (at one time) Cliff-View, then Eagles View, etc. is now Deerwater.