Miss my home crag

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Giggle

Miss my home crag

Post by Giggle »

Hey everyone (who remembers me), I am the one who got bit by a snake a few years back at Roadside..... :shock: ..I think that is the last time that I posted. Ray..congrats on the new guidebook! I have not been back to the Red since I moved to Washington 2 years ago. But I read articles all the time in Mags... Sounds like a lot is happening down there.
I haven't done much climbing since I have moved here....I haven't even been to Squamish yet! I currently manage a climbing gym, The Vertical World, and am still involved. I definately miss the feeling of community at the RRG.
Thanks!
Giggle <Chessa>
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Hey Chessa! Welcome back and thanks for the update! I think we may have seen you just before you moved because that was about two years ago. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Take care!

~Michelle
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

What's up Giggles? Good to hear from ya! You gotta get up to Squamish man, I've seen some video of that place and it looks pretty bad ass.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Giggle

Post by Giggle »

Hey you two...Ya Michelle I ran into you and Ray about 2 yrs ago. I have gotten married since then....and have started a great life in a small town outside of Tacoma. Ya, Squamish is the talk of the town. I hope to make it down to the Red next time I am in the area. Can't wait to see all the changes. The local rock isn't even comparable. But granite is very close by!
Take care you 2,
~Chessa
captain static

Post by captain static »

I have taken 7 trips to the Pacific Northwest and have done quite a bit of climbing out your way. A couple of places I would highly recommend checking out are Mazama Rocks east of North Cascades Nat'l Park & Skaha Bluffs in Penticton, BC. A former RRG climber, Paul "Woody" Woodrum, did a bit of development @ Mazama. Skaha is a wonderful area with 400+ routes both sport & trad.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
alien2

Post by alien2 »

Giggle wrote:I am the one who got bit by a snake a few years back at Roadside..... :shock:
Was it anything like this?
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

~ Napoleon Dynamite
MartyV

Post by MartyV »

Chessa

Good to hear from you. Sucks you are not climbing more. Any long term side effects from the copper head bite? I hope not. I'll tell the Dayton folks about your post. Are you going to make it to Smith Rocks with Gennavie in a couple of weeks?

Marty
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Giggle

Post by Giggle »

Hey Marty...
No side affects at all, thankfully... Just memories. That pic freaked me out! UGH! Thanks for that, alien! :shock:
No, I don't think I will go out to Smith in a few weeks. I have not been climbing enough to go down there and climb. It would kick my butt.

Captain static, I have heard of Mazama Rocks, but not the other. I am fairly close to Vantage and Index...people talk about those 2 places a lot. Thanks for the input...
:wink:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sure I remember ya from back in the day! Still got great pics of that kywilderness BBQ up on the Big Country ledge. We've never had another cookout...SOMEONE chucked the grill off.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
ynot

Post by ynot »

We should have another grillout at the crag fundraiser.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney