Anchors

RRO

Anchors

Post by RRO »

Finally getting some word back on anchor replacement assistance. Read below. Do we have this yet or do I need to work on it tonight ? This is from Liberty Mountain.

Matt, which hardware do you need and what kind of quantities are we talking about? To be honest it will have to be a pretty substantial amount to get a discount, but I may be able to get some help from the marketing dept. through a donation. Do you have anything written up for sponsorship requests for the Pendegrass Murray Rec. Preserve anchor replacement?

Joe
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Wes

Post by Wes »

Only a couple walls in PMRM (drive by and maybe Bob Marley) come to mind as maybe needing anchor replacement on some routes. The rest of the hardware should be pretty new. The motherload needs help, as do many of the routes on FS land though. And bolts for new routes are always welcome.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
RRO

Post by RRO »

wes, its for development and replacement. the mother load would be included in this as well as all over the red. this is donations to the rrgcc anchor committee.

Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

you should definitely talk to bentley, he's been wanting to replace some of the hardware at the load for a while..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
bentley

Post by bentley »

Hello All!
I have put the anchor replacement idea back a little so as to not conflict with the fund raising effort. After all, if we don't have the climbing area there is not point in replacing fixed gear.

However, on that note, Josh Thurston was kind enough to give us access to some of his whole sale account to help with this effort.
I will be in the Gorge all of next week and will work on getting a few things buttoned up at the Mother Lode.

On a side note, if there is a pressing issue etc I am far more reliably via email.
benwar@mac.com
Climbing is not free. Support your local climbing organization. Labor and money precious resources!
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Josh is truly a "Goodguy". :D
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
bentley

Post by bentley »

For better or worse the weather has clearly SUCKED!
In lieu of bad weather we were able to get some work done at the Mother Lode yesterday. One of the anchors we pulled is on display on the RRO's "Bathroom Wall of Scary Shit" (B.W.S.S.)
no pun intended!
Take a peak, its rather scary.
:oops:
Climbing is not free. Support your local climbing organization. Labor and money precious resources!
RRO

Post by RRO »

I would not want to put body weight on some of that gear. Good work bentley, thanks !

meetVA

Post by meetVA »

BWSS that is classic!
Thanks Bentley.
All around.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I saw the wall, it is scary. Almost as scary as seeing Bentley play with a rubber fist...but we don't have to get in to his perverse proclivities. Thanks for the hard work Bentley.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast