Derby Fest - or whatever we call it now

Pete

Derby Fest - or whatever we call it now

Post by Pete »

Who is making plans? What can we (the folks on this forum) do to help? May is going to be a crazy month at our house, but if we have some heads up I'm sure Lurkist and I can do something to pitch in... Charlie - what's up w/ planning? Thanks,
Diane
charlie

Post by charlie »

Hey D,

The Red River Rawkus or whatever we're calling it is scheduled for Memorial day, last weekend of May at Miguel's. Bill's pretty much in charge of this one and he hasn't given me any tasks items yet. I figure we're going to focus on that pretty hard at the next meeting (next Sat).
Pete

Post by Pete »

ok, thanks charlie - can we get some kind of banner/post on this site to "save the date" so that folks start to put it on their calendar? just an idea... once y'all meet, please keep us posted and let us know what we can do to help!
diane
"Don't ever admit you keep score, it's just lame. Go climbing." LK Day
RRO

Post by RRO »

we do need to get rolling on this soon chuck. you know what i can do so please feel free to ask. we also need to get the mtb trail day set in stone. i have been talking with PTP about the festival and we will def be involved.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
charlie

Post by charlie »

I'll get it cleared this weekend at the BOD meeting, but Derbyfest is Bill's gig so I'm going to defer most of the organizing to him. I'll poke him with a list and get him to divide requests up for all of us Sat.

MTB thing should be April 8-9, 15-16, or 22-23, though I'll likely be out of town the 22-23. We have another BOD meeting 4-8 but we could meet after or Fri night if necessary. Whichever weekend is better lets get it locked. I'd like to have a date by this weekend if they can commit.
Wes

Post by Wes »

http://www.waterstoneoutdoors.com/spec. ... ng%20shape

The New River party thing seems pretty well ready to go. It is more like the international climbers fest each year. They would be great people to talk to about ideas and such. I am thinking about going there this year and can do some recon to help with the rocktoberfest event.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
bentley

Post by bentley »

Hey Wes,
the new river event really is a great thing, tons of folks show up and they raise a TON of cash. The whole event is free, they provide camping and everything. It is amazing how many people show up and how much money they raise as I said.
I think it would be a great venue to spread the word about the event at the Red!
Climbing is not free. Support your local climbing organization. Labor and money precious resources!