rrgcc.org

Post by Guest »

yeah, I'll bet the size depends on your screen and settings. It wasn't too large on my monitor either.
charlie

Post by charlie »

That's where I'm having trouble, I do the web work on my new iMac with a freaking 20 inch screen! Not sure if I can change the thermometer size, it's a php include Blake got for me so I'd have to inspect the code to make changes to it (and I'm a php n00b). Right now the priority is organizing the info so that's where I need some help.

How about a history page, a money page, a guideline/rule page, maybe a climbing page? I'm struggling most with how to organize and present the info, ironic for a tech writer ain't it?. What kind of stuff would people like to know about, what info would help you guys promote the cause?

tnks for the feedback!
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

little late in the game and after just a quick glance: a navigator bar so that you don't have to keep hitting "back" to get to the main page.. sorry, surfers are lazy ;)
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Wes

Post by Wes »

The thermometer is fine on my iMac, but it was pretty big on the 2k3 box. And the spacing is better as well - it was maybe a bit crowded on the other machine.

Maybe drop Merrick an email - he is the best web guy I know.

Looks like a pretty solid beta version to me.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
charlie

Post by charlie »

Yeah Paul, that's gonna change before I promote. Forgot about Merrick, I'll hit him up for the code changes when I get there.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

The page looks good in Safari Charlie.
The History link doesn't work.
And does the orange in the thermometer bother anyone else?
Maybe a matching red?...

I'm fine with it's size though.

Good work!
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Just noticed your location, Charlie. I love that film! Have you seen Baraka or Koyaaniqatsi?
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
charlie

Post by charlie »

Cool, glad that made sense to someone. Just saw that film yesterday for the first time in years. Haven't seen the others you mentioned but Baraka is one of my favorite STS9 songs. Will check them out.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Huh, squeeze? You love that film? You fell asleep while watching it! The scene with the Brazilian gold miners is still stuck in my head. I thought that Koyaaniqatsi was even better than Powaqqatsi. There is supposed to be a sequel to "Baraka" this year called "Samsara". Baraka was pretty damn cool. I can't wait to see "Samsara".
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
brad mc

Post by brad mc »

looking at the page real quick.

thermometer could be smaller and have the total amount you are raising. I know what that amount is but Joe Smoe doesnt.

i like the rest of the text. You may want a link to a biz plan or goals....but the intro text and thermometer will satisfy 95% of clmbers. If they want more detail they can ask.