rrgcc.org

charlie

rrgcc.org

Post by charlie »

Hey Everyone,

I've been screwing around on the backend getting some info for the PMRP posted on our site. I'm getting pretty close so I need some review. Take a look at this page, the financial info as well as the recreation info (links are in the top of page banner). Will have the guidelines page done here soon and then there is the directions page. Do you guys think it's worth posting directions? What other kind of information do you think we shoud have up there in addition to/in place of the directions?

All your input would be great, need some quality control and feedback and multiple browsers and screen resolutions are handy for that.

http://rrgcc.org/pmrppage.php

Thanks,
Charlie
Wes

Post by Wes »

Looks good in firefox on 2k3, you need some better navagation icons maybe.

So, since there is no rules page..... :wink:

Nice work.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda

Post by Guest »

you should make me an admin, because you really need some word filters :twisted:

Post by Guest »

in all seriousness, it's a little hard to read (Firefox here), even on my new 19" LCD monitor. Perhaps you should consider breaking the information up, maybe with some summaries, links to more details? Climbers have short attention spans.

Post by Guest »

on 2nd look, maybe just use a different font?
charlie

Post by charlie »

Wes wrote:So, since there is no rules page..... :wink:
If it's cool wiht Bob it's cool w/ me. :wink:

The menu at the top is a placeholder right now, I'm going to set up a banner on all PMRP pages to replace it and make it easier to see/navigate then plug a big "look here now you foolz" banner on the main page taking people to the PMRP stuff.

Yeah, I'm worried about the text too, reads like a tech manual but I'm not sure how else to group this stuff. That's the default font setting on each browser, I'm not putting anything other than a black plain style on it so it matches the rest of the site. Let me screw around with the paragraphing and see if I can split it up a ittle better.

The pmrppage is sort of a table of contents/index thing so if you can think of better ways to sort it out and divide into subpages that woul d be great. Despite the fact that I'm a tech writer I've been focusing mostly on the page design and have only scrubbed the text with one proofread. Pretty easy for me to make a new page now that I have the index built.

Post by Guest »

you're doing a great job, Charlie. I like the layout and the colors, and the thermometer is way cool!
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Looks good on IE. Good job, Charlie!
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I suggest making the thermometer a third the size it is.

That is a lot of info put onto one page. Instead, maybe have some visuals and the short version of what you want to get across with "Click here for more info" for those that want to read more.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I like the thermometer at the size I'm viewing. To me, it drew my attention immediately and it's a good size graphical representation of where we are with the donations. On my screen, it wasn't too large that I had to use the horizontal scroll.