possible new rock gym

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
M Hale

possible new rock gym

Post by M Hale »

I am thinking of opening a climbing gym in Richmond (Ky, of course...). I am newly returned to the area after a long hiatus in Kansas and South Carolina and noticed that there is no indoor climbing left anywhere this side of Louisville. I am curious if anyone would be interested in a new gym and also if anyone could get me in contact with the owners of the two rock gyms that wused to be open in Lexington.
Michael J Hale
Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Great!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
ElectricDisciple

Post by ElectricDisciple »

RockQuest in Sharonville OH would be a great model to follow. Brian Brun is a great guy and the rest of the team are tops. The facility is great and has LOTS of climbing to offer.
kek-san

Post by kek-san »

Please, please, please. Bring us a rock gym. Those of us who aren't students or have our own personal bouldering wall have nowhere to train. I would love to see one come to town.
Though somewhat experience limited, I would be willing to lend a hand in construction.
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
busty

Post by busty »

I second that.
I'm an experienced woman; I've been around... well, alright, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby.
~ Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
tsparks

Post by tsparks »

Count me in with everyone else, I would love to have a gym in Richmond, and I know lots of other people who don't post on this site that would be regulars as well.
$DO||!$DO; try
try is not a command
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

keep your eyes and ears peeled for possible news of a lexington facility in the coming months.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
busty

Post by busty »

Yea!!!! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed too.

Richmond is ok, but Lexington is better for a gym!!! I bet Dipsi doesn't agree :wink:
I'm an experienced woman; I've been around... well, alright, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby.
~ Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
M Hale

Post by M Hale »

I wonder what the numbers of people who would go to a gym in Richmond are versus the numbers who would go to Lexington. I am sure that the area couldn't support two gyms, but Richmond is cheaper and would allow lower rates for climbing because of lower overhead. (overhead costs, not ceilings ha ha ha)
Michael J Hale
Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

i agree that richmond is cheaper. have you checked out the eku wall yet?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.