rockquest comp

Paul3eb

rockquest comp

Post by Paul3eb »

hey everyone,

just got a pm from a kid that is helping run the rockquest comp. he's hoping to make it more of an event than a comp and it sounds like they'd like to use it to help raise some money for the pmrp. any thoughts on ways they can spread the word or hype people up? i know tony bubb works there, too, and it's probably helping out quite a bit with it.

let me know what you guys think. i'll be gone for the weekend but i'll get back on it come monday (..anyone think of jimmy buffett with that line.. "come monday, it'll be alright")

;)
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

When, where, how and sometimes why?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

His name is Brandon and the specifics aren't set yet but it's looking to be sometime in March. We'll have to think of ways to hype it up...
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think I am going to take photos of the comp, then they are going to sell a CD, with all money going to the preserve. Plus, I am doing a slide show as well.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

1) Sell the RRG stickers there
2) Have some PMRP shirts ready to sell
3) Have some live music (JB?)
4) Convince someone to have a premier of their *new* climbing vid..... or have a room that has a scheduled showing of the latest climbing videos (have some popcorn!)
5) Announce beforehand an amatuer climbing video contest. Judging will be during the event.
6) Have Dipsi (or someone else... Yasi?) do a yoga session in the morning....
7) and for the other early birds, have a bake sale or a waffle/pancake breakfast
8.) Auctions or bidding or "garage/gear sale"
9) Raffles?
10) Contact some vendors who can do demos (Madrock? Evolv?.... they can have shoe testings)
11) More 'competition' type events other than just the actual comp (ie: speed climbing, one-arm pullup)
12) Come up with a 'moving/traveling' museum of climbing gear. People can 'donate' historic pieces and we can charge people $.50~1.00 to view the displays. At the end of the 'tour', the items can be returned to their owners.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Here's the email I received from Brandon:
Michelle, this is Brandon from RockQuest. I talked with ya not too long ago about getting the donation box up here for the PMRP. The thing is... it's not making too much money and we feel bad. To help a bit more, we're going to have a fund raiser during our ABS Comp on March, 18. It's going to be a raffle that will yield some enticing prizes.

For this event to go off big however, we need people to actually come. I figure that you and your hubby are plugged in with the Lexington locals. I am really just trying to get as many people together as possible to make this event profitable for the PMRP. Given that it will be mid-March, the weather may be absolutely beautiful. Regardless, the more people that know about the comp, the more that are likely to come. Tell your friends!!!

-Brandon Huff
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Pete

Post by Pete »

can we move a post into the public forum that sprays about the comp and gets people excited? just an idea...

did anyone forward squeeze's ideas to this brandon guy?
"Don't ever admit you keep score, it's just lame. Go climbing." LK Day
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I agree with Pete. How about this. Let's decide today who can organize what for the comp. I can organize a bake sale. Great idea Karla. That way we can sell healthy and/or junk and make some money. I'll get in touch with Erynn and Yasi to see who is willing to bake.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I PM'd Brandon this past weekend and he mentioned that he was going to start a thread. I PM'd him again to remind him to.
Pete

Post by Pete »

cool, thanks.

sprag, you know i'll bake. just tell me what to make, who to get it to at what time, how to package it, etc.

have we received any of the black diamond goodies, can we do a raffle? who do we have in louisville (rock quest is in louisville, right? if not, insert city...) that can start to drum up some other raffle items...

back to work...
"Don't ever admit you keep score, it's just lame. Go climbing." LK Day