Women of the Red Climbing Calendar

squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

If it is marketed right before Christmas, it should sell.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

I think they have to potential to sell due to the cause for which they stand for, however, from a business owners standpoint who has tried selling women of climbing calenders for years, these things just don't sell.
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

Just a quick internet find on trying to price these things:

http://www.printpelican.com/index.cfm?f ... duct_id=18

Buy More and SAVE!
50 100 200
$423.14 $681.33 $1049.70

These are the basic/bottom-line quotes.
We might be able to do cheaper with a local source. If y'all are interested I'll drop by the local print place and ask for some quotes.
I'm assuming color photos and a standard calendar size....
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I just had an idea...
What if we make this more of a RRG community calendar? We could get unique photos that could make this calendar special and worth owning, more than just women climbing.

Like one month could be as many RRG crag dogs as we can get all in one picture. We could have climbing shots interlaced with community shots (like Team Muir holding drills and tools like weapons, a breakfast crowd at RRO and another cool moment at Miguel's). It could be more like a yearbook kind of thing.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

Good thinking Michelle.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

- Emo Philips
RRO

Post by RRO »

I like it ! How do we split cost in the front ? And will the sales of the calendar go back into the cost or are we going to split that up among us ? Once March is over and we get into higher traffic we will be able to give some for the front and if enough go together then we wont look for any back but I couldnt do the whole 681. Thoughts ?
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I have no idea how all that works. The business/tax side throws me for a loop. I'm willing to throw a little down, though.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

I was also thinking...if we could generate enough interest we could option for a few of the photos to be of people who climb/climbed in the Red and show their support elsewhere.

Have them take a picture with the RRG sticker somewhere/somehow interesting.
- Robert McCloskey

- Emo Philips
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

good idea VA....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
bentley

Post by bentley »

I had talked about the idea of calendars with Pete M. and Jen V. It does seem like a good idea, especially if the pictures went with the season. For instance the month of July, have a bunch of folks sitting in the Red River or creek because who wants to climb in that heat right?

Here is the big issue that we hit. People purchase calendars at the first of the year give or take and a lot of people wait until they go on sale because they are rather pricey. Granted such an item could be sold via the Internet but a novelty type item such as that would sell much better at Miguel’s, who is closed during the typical calendar purchasing months.

Just an idea though....