Hoosier Heights Comp this Saturday the 14th

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
goodguy

Hoosier Heights Comp this Saturday the 14th

Post by goodguy »

The Hoosier Heights ABS comp is this Saturday the 14th. T-shirts for everyone and at least 110 top rate problems. Check out the new boulder feature and support the Red and donate some money for the Slide show that Wes is putting on at 4pm!

Check out www.hoosierheights.com for more info.

Total Points format
Reg. 10am -12pm
comp 12pm- 4pm
Slide show 4pm
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
Eric

Post by Eric »

"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" – Lord Byron
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

if anyone wants to carpool, let me know..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
neuroshock

Post by neuroshock »

what time zone is Bloomington with, currently?

...i might come, depends on how the knee feels and if i can bear to wake up early to make the 4 hour drive. total points, huh? it's been a while since i've done one of those.

is the reg fee the standard $25?
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

neuroshock, you better stay off that knee! It's EST, btw
Eric

Post by Eric »

Nothing kicks your ass more than a total points comp. Four hours of as much climbing as your body can handle. It's totally worth the drive.
"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" – Lord Byron
neuroshock

Post by neuroshock »

i love total points comps...it's a shame that more aren't held. i can think of only 2 others i've been to. 1 in Crystal Lake, IL in April '05 and 1 at Climb Time Indy back during ABS2 (or ABS3?).

at Indy, I remember getting 86 of the 102 problems in 5 hours. sooo much fun! :D :D :D

Meadows, last thursday the physical therapist gave me the 'ok' to climb easy stuff if i'm feeling up to it this week :) obviously, i pushed things by climbing in the gym on saturday...but it was TR--no potential for bad landings :wink: though, i did repeat a bouldery 11c that i set a while ago :oops:

can ya tell that i'm getting antsy/going through withdrawl? all my tips have peeled off already :cry:

i don't think i'd make it, anyway. being there by 12 means leaving chicago around/before 7am. ugh. (not a morning person) if i can find someone to split the drive and gas, then maybe.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Sounds sweet! I'm hoping to make it. I can't wait to send the crux of Gecko Circus!! Thanks for the promise to re-create that, Josh!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

We should all go out after the slide show. I hear Yas has become quite the lush so maybe we could get her a half yard at the Irish Lion. :wink:
Caspian

Post by Caspian »

For anyone who hasn't been to the gym since the bouldering room addition, this is a excellent opportunity to check it out. It is amazing.
"how ironic....now he's blind after a life of enjoying being able to see."~Homer