Updates

Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Fantastic Diane! I'm at your disposal. I'll e-mail you tomorrow. If the timing is better for this weekend, that'd be kewl as well.

I am in contact with the manager at John's who can give us stuff. Turns out, I know his wife! Who knew? I didn't get to talk to him yet because he's ill. But I will soon.

I have schwag awaiting me at Bourbon N Toulouse. Gift certificates and a willingness to cater some events in the future. Kevin is a pretty dang neat guy.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Pete

Post by Pete »

again, who don't you know in lex?

gear/stuff from john's is great - they have Horny Toad brand...climbers dig it... :) we're starting to develop a cache of stuff to use for raffles w/ Black Diamond's contribution and the stuff that you're getting together -
"Don't ever admit you keep score, it's just lame. Go climbing." LK Day
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Mark Lattin at UK has a meeting with the Dean on Monday regarding our fundraiser event. I clued him in on our updated total and all info that would make us sellable. Fingers crossed that UK will host this event.

Soooo....
Morgain - were you working on speaking with Alfalfa's and/or the Dame for an event also? And how's the shwag coming (Hugh...Black Diamond?)?

Once we get a date, we're going to have to *really* work hard to make this event kick some major ass. Wes is gone for a few weeks so I'm thinking mid-March would be a good goal date. Until then, we need to work on press releases and really hype up this event.

Speaking of which, where do we stand on press releases? Anyone have their hands around this?
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
RRO

Post by RRO »

I can talk to mgear and a few people for some bootie as well. the bd stuff are we using as a raffle still ? we need to get that advertised as well.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I haven't spoken to Alfalfa's or the Dame yet. I was waiting on someone who works at Alfalfa's. I'll pm him again and harass him. I'll update you on the shwag later too.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Nothing too big but I added a new page: http://www.redriverclimbing.com/fundraiser/FAQ.php

If there's anything you all think I should add and/or remove, please let me know.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Pete

Post by Pete »

nice link michelle - it looks good - and just keeps getting better.

i gave the business plan to bob, et al and they're working with it and their own rrgcc strategic plan.

the access fund grant was submitted and hopefully will generate $15k for the project. keep your fingers crossed... IF the AF comes through, we will have enough to make this year's payment and that is a huge step - thus we can keep the energy going and bank enough for next year's. :)

i'm so damn busy right now i can't do a whole lot, but please call on me for press releases, any other writing/planning stuff. and, i can help w/ the lex gym fundraiser as needed.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I gave the fundraising sites a total makeover. Check it out: http://www.redriverclimbing.com/fundraiser/events.php

Any feedback appreciated...
Pete

Post by Pete »

michelle - for the lex fundraiser, keep in mind uk's spring break is the week of march 12! so, a week or two after might be good.

di
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

How does Wednesday night, April 5th, from 6:30-8pm work for everyone?

And who's planning on helping with this thing? It's not going to be too much work...just having the extra hands will be good.