signs

Paul3eb

signs

Post by Paul3eb »

hey guys,

i was wondering what you all think of these signs. i was going to get them made into metal signs (or just laminated signs, cost dependent) and put them at motherlode, driveby, and sore heel parking lots. i was going to put slightly different ones at roadside and at rro and miguel's if i have permission. any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. thanks..

and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
captain static

Post by captain static »

For the Southern Region you need the info for the Lee County Sheriff. The Wolfe Co. info is what you will need for Roadside. Maybee for the posters @ RRO & Miguel's you would want to have the info for both. A poster @ the Via Ferratta would be good too.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I like it.
No word from Tom Hall on the KSPs efforts to catch the two guys.
Maybe this week we might have word.
Hugh
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
RRO

Post by RRO »

You can put them up at the RRO for sure. I will be glad to help install in the SR as well. Thanks Paul !
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

cool.. thanks guys ;)

so again, the place i was going to put them: rro, miguel's, motherlode, drive-by, sore heel, roadside.

miguel told me i could put one up front on the rrgcc kiosk and one by the lockers. some people told me it might be a decent idea to ask mark if i could put them up there.. any thoughts?
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
RRO

Post by RRO »

You should ask Mark, I dont want to answer for him but I would imagine he would be game.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
weber

Post by weber »

Paul, your signs are finished. I'll deliver them tomorrow to Miguel, Mark, and Matt.

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great work guys!

Post by Guest »

for those of you who don't know, the bastard theives were busy this weekend. They rummaged through cars at the 'Lode yesterday and today. Some guys from Texas got robbed (not sure where) and saw the guy at Sore Heel today. He drove down to the parking area a bit after these guys and then claimed to be lost when one of the climbers was waiting there. The Texans went to the cops today and the police are supposed to be searching this dude's house tonight. Apparently he's a known meth-user and trouble maker but they've never been able to convict him.

I think I got that story right.

Anyway, once Paul's signs are done and up, I think out of towners will stop making it easy for these fuckers. When you meet people at the Red who are not 'locals' please let them know what's going on. We saw 2 cars in the Southern Region 2 weeks ago with all kinds of goodies for theives laying out visible in the front of the car, as well as 2 nice crash pads in the back of a pick up truck. I think if we spread the word via signs and word of mouth, then not only will people stop getting stuff stolen, but hopefully the theives will quit bothering after a while.
weber

Post by weber »

Dropped off the finished signs at RRO Saturday to be put up at Roadside and three places in the Southern Region. Also left signs at Miguel's, Mark's, and RRO for posting at their businesses.

Have mat'l ordered for larger ones to replace these, but won't have them finished and down there until about 2 weeks.

Will try to have more copies of the smaller ones done and down there this Tuesday for the SR parking areas.

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau